PDA

View Full Version : french appraisal

jacksonm
13th January 2008, 10:01 PM
keeper or tosser

rachat-crédits.net (xn--rachat-crdits-jhb.net)

I don't normally like dot nets, but this thing has extremely high estimated CPC in Google.

L@@K
13th January 2008, 11:03 PM
I own a lot 'rachat'+'credit', here I own the .com
A good market if you plan to dev,
but to resale, there's too much possibilities (hyphen, sing/plur, ascii/idn, with or without 'de'):
rachatcredit
rachat-credit
rachatdecredit
rachat-de-credit
rachatcredits
rachat-credits
rachatdecredits
rachat-de-credits

so 8 possibilities X n extensions X 2 (ascii/idn) = too much possibilities + confusion possible <=> not much value imo except if you dev.

If it was ascii, I'd suggest to keep but here in idn.net and if you don't plan to dev, it's more difficult. But you can always try because it's a good mkt and dot.net are cheaper... we'll never know.

BR,
L@@K

nicb5
13th January 2008, 11:46 PM
L@@k, gave you the best possible answer on his appraisal. That is definitely something to look out for in general with IDNs.

Just confirming what he said.

Nick

jose
14th January 2008, 12:04 AM
IDN just adds to the question.

Unless it's a geo name, no domain has a single form.

One keyword has singular and plurar.

Two keywords can have 25 versions! Yes, 25! word(s)(-)word(s)

In my opinion, it's a false question. I can give you a clear example:

"Crédito Habitação" (http://www.CréditoHabitação.com) = Mortgage Loans in Portuguese.

It has 121 combinations (when including IDN and semi-idn and the "de" and "-" between each word (3 keywords)

BUT, the above form is how it apears everywhere. There was even recently (after I got the IDN ;) released a new site (ascii) with that form.

I have never seen an ascii domain be appraised based on the number of alternative variants it can have, altought that can be implicit. One keyword is one keyword.

So, to sum up this long post, there's always a better than all other's variant.

nicb5
14th January 2008, 12:09 AM
IDN just adds to the question.

Unless it's a geo name, no domain has a single form.

One keyword has singular and plurar.

Two keywords can have 25 versions! Yes, 25! word(s)(-)word(s)

In my opinion, it's a false question. I can give you a clear example:

CréditoHabitação.com = Mortgage Loans in Portuguese.

It has 121 combinations (when including IDN and semi-idn and the "de" and "-" between each word (3 keywords)

BUT, the above form is how it apears everywhere. There was even recently (after I got the IDN ;) released a new site (ascii) with that form.

Thinking back on how I register stuff, what you just said is correct. Out of the many possibilities I always find that one sounds better than the other ones.

In your case Mike, the form that I would have registered would be "rachatdecrédit.tld"

Nick

jose
14th January 2008, 12:16 AM
BTW, I have one of those also: RachatsdeCrédits.com ...

L@@K
14th January 2008, 01:37 AM
If you were a buyer would you buy one of the 121 combinaisons ?
That is the real question, no?
Off course for a webmainer, as you, things are differents.
It's all a question of price and goals of course, but for a end user, one of the 121 combinations is the worst imo, because you have too much confusion with your competitors...

For this key, my best choice were "renégociation.com" coz it's one word, quite unique (only idn/ascii), no plurial, memorable and it summarize all the mkt.
Moreover I've got the .fr (none pbm to have the idn for this key).
So not only geo are unique.
I've got several names that are really unique, only those imo are really valuable.

My intention was he understand the 'de' for this key.

It's the same with other great key as jeuxvidéo, jeux-vidéo, jeuxvidéos, jeuvidéo....
A great mkt but too much keys = for me, good only in com, cctld or to dev.

BR

mgrohan
14th January 2008, 02:13 AM
If you were a buyer would you buy one of the 121 combinaisons ?
That is the real question, no?
Off course for a webmainer, as you, things are differents.
It's all a question of price and goals of course, but for a end user, one of the 121 combinations is the worst imo, because you have too much confusion with your competitors...

For this key, my best choice were "renégociation.com" coz it's one word, quite unique (only idn/ascii), no plurial, memorable and it summarize all the mkt.
Moreover I've got the .fr (none pbm to have the idn for this key).
So not only geo are unique.
I've got several names that are really unique, only those imo are really valuable.

Good points L@@k, have wondered about this before. As you said it makes sense that something more unique, and without many possible combinations will of course be more valuable, as long as they are popularly used.

zorglub
14th January 2008, 02:19 AM
Like L@@k said, worth only if you plan to dev it. No potential of direct navigation and weak potential of sale because of the high # of combinations possible.

jose
14th January 2008, 02:39 AM
[...]

[...]

Aren't you missing something?! GOOGLE!

Now, even "-" is seen as " " to Google's eyes. (This is official)

Also plurals and "de" are not counted also. (are seen as singular)

So, many of those 121 variants have the same starting point.

It's just a matter of keeping up with Google algorithm and reg what has potential.

Of course these domains are worth as keywords domains. Other domains are valuable for being a brandable word. It's a very different issue.

L@@K
14th January 2008, 02:47 AM
Exactly, it's why

I own a lot 'rachat'+'credit'(...)

Now, even "-" is seen as " " to Google's eyes. (This is official)

french know that since years. ;)

Also plurals and "de" are not counted also. (are seen as singular)

Yes, and I add singular = also plurial for GG for what I see.

jacksonm
14th January 2008, 09:14 AM
In your case Mike, the form that I would have registered would be "rachatdecrédit.tld"

Taken by Dabsi.

Thanks to you, Nic, and Pierre for your comments. Do you guys think that French like the "-" better or without?

zorglub
15th January 2008, 05:45 PM
Let's say the community is divided, I'd say 1/3 prefer with hyphens because of SEO reasons and our tradition of development. To be perfectly honest I'll add that domaining is younger in France so a lot of good domains without hyphens have been taken by Canadian french speakers :mad: ;)

domain_trader
15th January 2008, 07:19 PM
The usual advice is to avoid hyphens when you can avoid it. But one thing to consider is that some languages use dashes in some terms as a matter of course. Even in English, something like E-marketing makes sense to register with a dash. So it all depends on the term IMO. And also, there is always the SEO argument to consider.

nicb5
15th January 2008, 11:56 PM
Taken by Dabsi.

Thanks to you, Nic, and Pierre for your comments. Do you guys think that French like the "-" better or without?

Just to show you how there is not always a logic involved in determining if the hyphen is better or not:

"rachat(s) + crédit(s)" form : With an hyphen, so the form you registered is good IMO.
"rachat(s) + de + crédit(s)" form : No hyphens

Keep in mind that this is from my way of seeing things, I'm curious to see what is the position of our other French speaking members.

Nick

L@@K
16th January 2008, 02:17 AM
same here

jose
16th January 2008, 05:19 AM
Recent trends point to "-" being considered a "stop" word. (like "the" or "and")

So it f* every seo value of a keyword... it's like having rachatsomethingcredit

This is only on Google English algorithm so far. Try it.

zorglub
16th January 2008, 10:23 AM
"rachat(s) + crédit(s)" form : With an hyphen, so the form you registered is good IMO.
"rachat(s) + de + crédit(s)" form : No hyphensI second this too, rachat-crédit is good for SEO whereas rachats-de-crédits is not so good because the "de" has no value as a keyword (= "of").

L@@K
16th January 2008, 12:30 PM
I'm sorry but I'm not agree.
The 'de' have an importance for seo... (for what I know & in french mkt)
Simply because some people search with 'de' and other without.
If you search with and without 'de' on gg.fr, you will see some differences in the gg results. For example, with 'de', first is -rachatdecredit/org, without, first is -solutioncredit/com. It's why you will see as well in the title of the websites the two expression with and without de. Always interesting to analyse title...
Ex for -solutioncredit/com: Tiltle "rachat credit, rachat de credit (...)"
This guy has probably tested all combinations, we can trust him.

Moreover, I'm especially on another keyword since years, a keyword which contain sometimes de and sometimes not, and I can certainly say to you there's a difference in seo & gg results.
It's why I bought some with de, and some without... Each will be optimized for only one expression.
Clearly, the 'de' have an importance, 100% guarantee, 8 years of experience on some keys Dudes, always in 1st page... ! (in a very competitive mkt as rachat de crédit, but not this).

Interesting post, Mike you have the 'appraisal of de l'année' !

jacksonm
16th January 2008, 12:56 PM
I'm sorry but I'm not agree.
The 'de' have an importance for seo... (for what I know & in french mkt)
Simply because some people search with 'de' and other without.
If you search with and without 'de' on gg.fr, you will see some differences in the gg results. For example, with 'de', first is -rachatdecredit/org, without, first is -solutioncredit/com. It's why you will see as well in the title of the websites the two expression with and without de. Always interesting to analyse title...
Ex for -solutioncredit/com: Tiltle "rachat credit, rachat de credit (...)"
This guy has probably tested all combinations, we can trust him.

Moreover, I'm especially on another keyword since years, a keyword which contain sometimes de and sometimes not, and I can certainly say to you there's a difference in seo & gg results.
It's why I bought some with de, and some without... Each will be optimized for only one expression.
Clearly, the 'de' have an importance, 100% guarantee, 8 years of experience on some keys Dudes, always in 1st page... ! (in a very competitive mkt as rachat de crédit, but not this).

Interesting post, Mike you have the 'appraisal of de l'année' !

L@@k,
I tend to agree with you on this topic the more I think about it. There are two demographics of searchers: lazy, and articulate. For mass market products, I think you will find the most lazy people, so they simply search without de or d' . For the articulate people, which hopefully represent the "high end" of the market(s) and are therefore the minority, I believe that they search with de or d'. Of course these are generalizations and you will find exceptions in both demographics. Just my opinion...

zorglub
16th January 2008, 05:44 PM
In fact... yes L@@K is right and I was wrong. I remembered Google was filtering some words like articles but it doesn't seem to do it anymore. So thank you L@@K for the correction !

meow44
2nd June 2009, 05:25 PM
this is an interesting discussion :eek:

simulation rachat de credit (http://simulationrachatdecredit.org)