PDA

View Full Version : 2-LETTER RUSSIAN domains

Lmg67
14th January 2008, 09:08 PM
Hi, I have some two-letter Russian domains that have been getting traffic ever since I put them up on NameDrive over a year ago, even though I have not done anything to help bring traffic to them. They get more hits than any of my other domains in many different languages, including many top keywords. I'd be interested if anyone has any idea why.

I used Google to look up their meanings. Some of them have no meaning, except that they are two letters, which makes them valuable just as two English letters.com are very valuable.

If anyone speaks Russian and wants to add a translation that Google did not, feel free to do so.

I am showing their total views for the past 3 months (Dec, Nov, and Oct) and pasting them for you to see. Some of them got clicks as well, but it wasn't that significant. For example, in December:

не.com
US$0.59 425 views 10 clicks %2.35 US$0.06 US$1.38

Looking for decent offers. Please PM me.

не.com - not.com - 1103 hits - This one has been high in hits since day one.

за.com - for.com - 284 hits

ва.com - no translation - 236 hits

ма.com - no translation - 203 hits

та.com - no translation - 227 hits

ок.com - no translation - 200 hits

ме.com - location.com - 109 hits

Thank you!!!

thefabfive
14th January 2008, 09:40 PM
Many Russian LL.com domains get quite a bit of traffic. However, most are difficult to monetize - similar to ASCII LL domains.

Some of the Russian LLs mean something, some are similar to existing Russian sites, and some are just a big mystery. Regardless, traffic to Russian LL.com is not uncommon.

It's not surprising why there are less than 200 remaining out of a pool of over 900 (*viable) Russian LL.coms.

*by viable I mean those combination that do not start with ъ, ь, or ы and/or do not contain ё.

filmlion
16th January 2008, 05:33 AM
та.com - no translation - 227 hits - that (feminized)

ок.com - no translation - 200 hits - ok