PDA

View Full Version : Why japanese domains suck

jacksonm
20th January 2008, 12:58 AM
1. Yahoo.co.jp sucks, and they own search in Japan. Yahoo sucks in general, Yahoo Japan sucks worse.

2. Google changed the clickable area in adsense ads to a very small area, and Japanese users surf via mobile - harder to hit the ad. CTRs dropped down from 5% to 0% on all of my Japanese sites over the past month or two.

3. Google won't give you mobile adsense options unless you live in a country where serving it is supported, no matter where your surfers are. Guess what, they don't support mobile advertising in FI, so I can't put mobile adsense on my Japanese sites.

4. There are more reasons, but I'll stop now.

No, I'm not selling off my Japanese domains cheaply, but Japanese domains definitely suck at this point in time.

websjapan
20th January 2008, 02:39 AM
Valueclick Japan has a mobile division.
http://www2.mobileclick.ne.jp/

sarcle
20th January 2008, 03:27 AM
1. Yahoo.co.jp sucks, and they own search in Japan. Yahoo sucks in general, Yahoo Japan sucks worse.

I'm guessing you don't have any high ranking mini-sites in the SE's.

websjapan
20th January 2008, 05:37 AM
yahoo blows.

thegenius1
20th January 2008, 06:08 AM
I'm guessing you don't have any high ranking mini-sites in the SE's.

Sarcle that i would say the same , i have domains with 600 ovt that made over $2.00 today.
When your domains start to age a bit report back !

Also i have not utilized any mobile ads for my sites and i avg way above 10% click thru , maybe you need to test different ad locations and templates.

Prodigy
20th January 2008, 06:19 AM
Don't know about you man but i've received 5 offers for 5 different .jp domains through namedrive over the past month all ranging from $XXX - $X,XXX

2. Google changed the clickable area in adsense ads to a very small area, and Japanese users surf via mobile - harder to hit the ad. CTRs dropped down from 5% to 0% on all of my Japanese sites over the past month or two.

3. Google won't give you mobile adsense options unless you live in a country where serving it is supported, no matter where your surfers are. Guess what, they don't support mobile advertising in FI, so I can't put mobile adsense on my Japanese sites.

4. There are more reasons, but I'll stop now.

No, I'm not selling off my Japanese domains cheaply, but Japanese domains definitely suck at this point in time.

sarcle
20th January 2008, 06:27 AM
Sarcle that i would say the same , i have domains with 600 ovt that made over $2.00 today.
When your domains start to age a bit report back !

Also i have not utilized any mobile ads for my sites and i avg way above 10% click thru , maybe you need to test different ad locations and templates.

Same but I will never list what I do and and how I do it. Last time I did I had some jealous asshole turn me into Adsense.

If I knew who it was I would punch that bitch in the face. If someone has a problem with me or my views talk to me in the thread or pm. Goes to show you when you try to help a community someone will try to fuck you. I'll never list domains or rev. again.

But you're right Genius it's easy to get sites up in rankings and make serious money. You know as we talked about this when we met.

touchring
20th January 2008, 07:07 AM
I'll never list domains or rev. again.

Even the links in the signature is a risk. :o

sarcle
20th January 2008, 07:54 AM
Even the links in the signature is a risk. :o

Could be but then I've already worked out the problems I've had and what they stated.

Those aren't the ones making the money anyways.

My guess is google only cares about the ranked ones and the ones making rev. But I could be wrong about that as well. Hell I got Portugal banned from Namedrive yesterday. I have no idea what those idiots problems are. I do have an idea as to who fucked me on the other sites though.

jacksonm
20th January 2008, 10:07 AM
Same but I will never list what I do and and how I do it. Last time I did I had some jealous asshole turn me into Adsense.

If I knew who it was I would punch that bitch in the face.

Wow, that's really low of somebody to do that. I remember the thread and how much it encouraged everybody to do some development. It definitely encouraged me.

If I knew who it was, I'd punch the bitch after you took your shot.

We have a couple of self-appointed, self-righteous, holier-than-though "policemen" running around here. One of them turned me into namedrive several weeks ago after I tried to help the community. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is the same person who turned you into google.

touchring
20th January 2008, 01:40 PM
One of them turned me into namedrive several weeks ago after I tried to help the community.

What happened with ND?