PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Here Still Do New Reg?

rolf
21st January 2008, 08:30 AM
I'm an oldie, yet still a newbie as many will testify from my thread in the General Discussion area.

I would like to know, is there still value in doing new registrations? I can see that many with large portfolios are only dabbling in the secondary market now, but how about new reg's?

And which countries do you think are good ones? I understand that small emerging economies may offer the best potential?

Wot
21st January 2008, 08:56 AM
I'm an oldie, yet still a newbie as many will testify from my thread in the General Discussion area.

I would like to know, is there still value in doing new registrations? I can see that many with large portfolios are only dabbling in the secondary market now, but how about new reg's?

And which countries do you think are good ones? I understand that small emerging economies may offer the best potential?

Lat few days:

இந்தியக்.com (xn--xkc2a6bp0b9f7de.com)

ભારતીય.com (xn--gecrhc3eo.com)

automašīna.com (xn--automana-fjb35c.com)

športové.com (xn--portov-gva76g.com)

šport.info (xn--port-f6a.info)

netcafé.com (xn--netcaf-gva.com)

IDNer
21st January 2008, 08:59 AM
I've reg about 50 new IDNs last week...

and another 50 the week before

jacksonm
21st January 2008, 09:05 AM
I took these a few days ago, in the theme of coffee:

cialdecaffè.com
caffèitaliano.com
macchinecaffè.com
macchinedacaffè.com
caffèespresso.com
эспрессо.com

Wot
21st January 2008, 09:13 AM
Forgot to add all the pre reg Spanish.info that Dynadrop got for me- that would add another, oh - "I got it wrong again dad" - zero :)

jacksonm
21st January 2008, 10:04 AM

Well, Azerbaijan is a small and emerging economy and an oil rich country to boot. Yet, it seems that nobody here is interested in buying Azeri IDNs. I registered "RealEstate.com" in Azeri, confirmed by a native (a friend of a good friend). I posted it for sale here for a few hundred bucks just a month or two ago and people were just not interested. Go figure.

PM me if you are interested in this domain.

touchring
21st January 2008, 11:39 AM
I'm not regging much, mostly buying.

IDNer
21st January 2008, 11:53 AM
I'm not regging much, mostly buying.

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Yes - This is the most easy and correct way on the IDN investment http://www.idnforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

domain_trader
23rd January 2008, 04:18 PM
Still a lot of quality names out there to reg in some languages, but it's the research time that is the killer!

I think it is only a matter of time now before the generic IDN.coms are fully mined. Then I think we will see some better action on the secondary market.

jacksonm
23rd January 2008, 04:24 PM
Still a lot of quality names out there to reg in some languages, but it's the research time that is the killer!

I think it is only a matter of time now before the generic IDN.coms are fully mined. Then I think we will see some better action on the secondary market.

I guess nobody wanted this one:

коммунист.com

domain_trader
23rd January 2008, 04:29 PM
I guess nobody wanted this one:

коммунист.com

Nice! You never know, they might make a come back.

sunsei21
23rd January 2008, 06:09 PM

no there is not every single good idn is gone actually every good domain period sorry to break the news to you like this its a sad day in domain history :o

rolf
24th January 2008, 04:13 PM
thanks, I have just checked myself and realised that there are still many excellent IDNs out there.

Particular compound phrases of 2 dictionary words but for highly sellable items.

yanni
25th January 2008, 02:51 AM
Particular compound phrases of 2 dictionary words but for highly sellable items.

These might turn out to be waay better than some top generics.

jose
25th January 2008, 03:20 AM
I just did: (new regs)
http://www.idnforums.com/forums/16579-some-opinion-from-chinese-and-japanese-members-help-would-be-greatly-appreciated.html