PDA

View Full Version : RACE encoding

Muhammad Mustafa
24th January 2008, 06:21 PM
Hello all,
I have a question regarding RACE encoding, I don't understand it very good, therefore I don't know the right action now, here is what happened:
I registered a domain with a registrar which shows me the name as registraed, and is being responded as taken with other registrars, good yet? now, when I go to my domain it's not resolving and the registrar told me they regged it in RACE encoding but there is some problem in resolving the domain to the RACE encoding, Is the domain is mine now since it being successfully ordered to me? or it can be taken by another registrar?? Should I ask them for a refund and delete the order, or the resolving problem will finish and the name is mine??
any help here is very appreciated

jacksonm
24th January 2008, 06:27 PM
Hello all,
I have a question regarding RACE encoding, I don't understand it very good, therefore I don't know the right action now, here is what happened:
I registered a domain with a registrar which shows me the name as registraed, and is being responded as taken with other registrars, good yet? now, when I go to my domain it's not resolving and the registrar told me they regged it in RACE encoding but there is some problem in resolving the domain to the RACE encoding, Is the domain is mine now since it being successfully ordered to me? or it can be taken by another registrar?? Should I ask them for a refund and delete the order, or the resolving problem will finish and the name is mine??
any help here is very appreciated

RACE encoding was obsoleted several years ago. Everything should be punycode now.

Muhammad Mustafa
25th January 2008, 12:28 PM
RACE encoding was obsoleted several years ago. Everything should be punycode now.

as I being told, some registrars still using RACE encoding instead of Punycode, .kr still using it??

jacksonm
25th January 2008, 12:41 PM
as I being told, some registrars still using RACE encoding instead of Punycode, .kr still using it??

dot kr is not a registrar, it's a registry.

The thing with race is that you risk some software not supporting it. For example, does IE7 support race, I really doubt it.

Muhammad Mustafa
25th January 2008, 11:54 PM
dot kr is not a registrar, it's a registry.

The thing with race is that you risk some software not supporting it. For example, does IE7 support race, I really doubt it.

thanks a lot MJ for your support, sorry for registrar and registery info, I wrote in a rush over the previous days :)