PDA

View Full Version : الْعَرَبيّة.com - Arabic.com

htmlindex
24th January 2008, 08:38 PM
-?

jacksonm
24th January 2008, 08:40 PM
I just picked up my 1st Arabic IDN: الْعَرَبيّة.com & also the .net, xn--mgbcd4a2b0d2b3ab6ae.com

It means "Arabic": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic There are 27,300,000 Google results.

Was actually very suprised that it was available! What do you think about this name? Is this definately the correct translation?

Return for credit.

Wikipedia uses accented versions for almost all words and they aren't any good for domain names.

thefabfive
24th January 2008, 08:48 PM
We understand your enthusiasm but three threads about the same domain is a little excessive.

jacksonm
24th January 2008, 08:50 PM
If you only knew how many people have wasted money due to copy/pasting from wikipedia and their "hipper than though" attitude. Damn what 99.9% of the world uses, we will be "correct".

thefabfive
24th January 2008, 08:51 PM
If you only knew how many people have wasted money due to copy/pasting from wikipedia and their "hipper than though" attitude. Damn what 99.9% of the world uses, we will be "correct".

As long as we don't have to hear about the SEO value of such domains...

Charrua
24th January 2008, 09:01 PM
Hi htmlindex what jacksonm say is right but if you copy and paste something in Arabic from wikipedia is better to copy and paste in google search and there appearce the right version of the word in the results just copy and paste the word that appearce in google results and try first google trends if have good trends you are in the right track but just keep in mind that there are not to many top keywords in Arabic or any other language you got to do a very good research.

ala101
28th January 2008, 11:25 AM
this idn is useless and doesn't worth reg fees.

mulligan
28th January 2008, 11:39 AM
As long as we don't have to hear about the SEO value of such domains...
Ahh ... if this was the last time I heard 'SEO' in relation to this type of domain I would likely die a happy man