PDA

View Full Version : Parkingsite.com testing IDN landing pages...

DCG
21st March 2006, 06:21 PM
Parkingsite will shortly announce their support on IDN domains.
We are still currently testing some features, but it should be up and running shortly.

Please see example below:

http://学生签证.cn

More examples to follow in the next couple of days

-=DCG=-

touchring
21st March 2006, 06:37 PM
Firstly, is parkingsite's servers banned in china?

DCG
21st March 2006, 06:42 PM
Firstly, is parkingsite's servers banned in china?

We have ways around everything. ;)

Will be announced shortly.

-=DCG=-

gammascalper
21st March 2006, 06:46 PM
We have ways around everything. ;)

Will be announced shortly.

-=DCG=-

Well, that would be HUGE, for traffic is alive and well to .com with unblocked IP ranges

59domain
21st March 2006, 06:47 PM
The whole flash site is a parking page?

Giant
21st March 2006, 06:57 PM
Parkingsite will shortly announce their support on IDN domains.
We are still currently testing some features, but it should be up and running shortly.

Please see example below:

http://学生签证.cn

More examples to follow in the next couple of days

-=DCG=-

Did you get the permission to advertise your site here?

DCG
21st March 2006, 07:17 PM
I am not looking to advertise, I am looking to make sure we are on the right track with this and get feeback.

-=DCG=-

Giant
21st March 2006, 07:21 PM
I am not looking to advertise, I am looking to make sure we are on the right track with this and get feeback.

-=DCG=-

So that people want to park at your site they have to join your forum first? That's the rule for using your PPC service.

gammascalper
21st March 2006, 07:22 PM
Do you have an example of Russian and Japanese pages?

The former in particular is receiving very good traffic -- would be interesting to see the type of ads served.

Ben
21st March 2006, 08:21 PM
"http://学生签证.cn/" doesn't load for me.

[edit]
Never mind, it's loading now.

It's looking good so far, although there are no "SPONSORED LISTINGS".

DCG
21st March 2006, 08:48 PM
"http://学生签证.cn/" doesn't load for me.

[edit]
Never mind, it's loading now.

It's looking good so far, although there are no "SPONSORED LISTINGS".

Google will add the sponsored listings, I will let you know once done.

-=DCG=-

So that people want to park at your site they have to join your forum first? That's the rule for using your PPC service.

You can park with no affiliation to the forum.

feel free to PM me if you need help or more info.

-=DCG=-

Clotho
23rd March 2006, 06:46 PM
I tried to sign up a few days ago without a DNforum acct and I have not received any response yet.

I have tried both Sedo and Namedrive and I think the one thing the parking industry needs the most is transparency. There are too many things that happen that make one doubt the parking provider. The decrease in traffic from Domainsite to Namedrive is one. If the traffic decrease is due to spider's visits not being counted then there should be some method for that to be determined. Otherwise we are left doubting. The way funds are recalculated after a couple of days at Namedrive is bad as well. Anytime you see your balance go down it makes you doubtful. If they don't know the exact amount until the ad provider tells them they should count it as $0 until they can report it accurately. Ad-prices. I know for a fact that some of these categories pay more than the max $.11 I have been getting. I did receive a few significantly higher amounts in the early days but they have all but disappeared. No explanation and this seems to fit with others reports that revenues are higher at the start.

The expansion of IDN's is a unique opportunity for the parking services. Never again will domains of such quality be available for parking in such numbers. Furthermore there is a fewer number of individuals holding the greatest number of names. If you want our business first you have to offer the service. If you wish to retain our business then greater transparency will be necessary.

blastfromthepast
24th March 2006, 01:27 AM
I tried to sign up a few days ago without a DNforum acct and I have not received any response yet.

I have tried both Sedo and Namedrive and I think the one thing the parking industry needs the most is transparency. There are too many things that happen that make one doubt the parking provider. The decrease in traffic from Domainsite to Namedrive is one. If the traffic decrease is due to spider's visits not being counted then there should be some method for that to be determined. Otherwise we are left doubting. The way funds are recalculated after a couple of days at Namedrive is bad as well. Anytime you see your balance go down it makes you doubtful. If they don't know the exact amount until the ad provider tells them they should count it as $0 until they can report it accurately. Ad-prices. I know for a fact that some of these categories pay more than the max $.11 I have been getting. I did receive a few significantly higher amounts in the early days but they have all but disappeared. No explanation and this seems to fit with others reports that revenues are higher at the start.

The expansion of IDN's is a unique opportunity for the parking services. Never again will domains of such quality be available for parking in such numbers. Furthermore there is a fewer number of individuals holding the greatest number of names. If you want our business first you have to offer the service. If you wish to retain our business then greater transparency will be necessary.

I'll sign under what you wrote. This comment needs to be made into a sticky.