PDA

View Full Version : Spanish .info

rolf
25th January 2008, 04:01 PM
So what do you guys think to Spanish .info?

Apart from the real Tier 1 obvious premiums, what about the lesser dictionary words?

I supposed they may not have value now but if IDN truly grabs hold in years to come then they should be?

I guess existing dictionary .info domain valuations should provide some sort of idea. I'm just surprised not to see more written about the recent landrush.

Maybe I'm missing the point, are these .info useless?

Fka200
25th January 2008, 05:32 PM
I would get something only if planned to be developed! I don't think they are useless.

jose
25th January 2008, 05:44 PM
Click here: www.spain.info

Drewbert
25th January 2008, 06:06 PM
I think they should alias it to .infos

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Spanish for "information" has singular and plural, and the plural is used a lot more in the shortened form.

jacksonm
25th January 2008, 06:07 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Spanish for "information" has singular and plural, and the plural is used a lot more in the shortened form.

Same with German.

Charrua
25th January 2008, 06:45 PM

information = información the plural is informaciones the only diminutive or abbreviation is .info same for .org .net .com

jacksonm
25th January 2008, 06:49 PM
information = información the plural is informaciones the only diminutive or abbreviation is .info same for .org .net .com

We are talking about spoken language.

At least in German, it's very common to say "mehr infos" (more info).

Charrua
25th January 2008, 06:54 PM

In Spanish, it's very common to say "más info" (more info) anybody say "más infos" (more infos) at least in Spanish speaking person or native Spanish speakers .

jose
25th January 2008, 08:24 PM

That's why latin IDNs rocks! No dname to worrie about!

rolf
25th January 2008, 08:47 PM
Hi Jose, what is dname?

btw can you please tell me which is preferred - masculine or feminine version of a word?

I give you an example of 2 available domains (no problem, I don't want these 2):

clásico.info
clásica.info

Which is preferred by the Spanish market in general (cual es, generalmente ;)) ?

tikonenko
26th January 2008, 07:54 AM
Hi Jose, what is dname?

btw can you please tell me which is preferred - masculine or feminine version of a word?

I give you an example of 2 available domains (no problem, I don't want these 2):

clásico.info
clásica.info

Which is preferred by the Spanish market in general (cual es, generalmente ;)) ?

Hi

Visit www.realacademiaespañola.es ::: www.rae.es

Insert keyword "clásico" or "clásica" in textbox (under Diccionario de la lengua española
Vigésima segunda edición)

jacksonm
26th January 2008, 08:47 AM
tikonenko, I didn't have anything against you personally but I added you to my ignore list after I seen your new avatar - that thing is extremely offensive to me. I wonder why you feel the need to use such a disgusting picture.

Vbulletin doesn't show a person's avatar or their post if they are on your ignore list.

rolf
26th January 2008, 12:57 PM
Hi tikonenko,

I did that but I'm not sure what it's supposed to show? Does it indicate that one is preferred or dominant over the other? I can't say that I spotted that.

Hi

Visit www.realacademiaespañola.es ::: www.rae.es

Insert keyword "clásico" or "clásica" in textbox (under Diccionario de la lengua española
Vigésima segunda edición)

Drewbert
26th January 2008, 06:49 PM
tikonenko, I didn't have anything against you personally but I added you to my ignore list after I seen your new avatar - that thing is extremely offensive to me. I wonder why you feel the need to use such a disgusting picture.

Vbulletin doesn't show a person's avatar or their post if they are on your ignore list.

Dude, chill out, that's a pacifier/dummy.

jacksonm
26th January 2008, 07:00 PM
Dude, chill out, that's a pacifier/dummy.

I don't care if it's a drawing - to me, it was mentally disturbing. Especially when I saw that first thing in the morning!

rolf
26th January 2008, 07:27 PM
I must admit, it scared me too - real or not. Anyway, does anyone know which is popular, the masculine or the feminine adjective?

Drewbert
26th January 2008, 10:51 PM
I don't care if it's a drawing - to me, it was mentally disturbing. Especially when I saw that first thing in the morning!

So are you advocating the banning of joke pacifiers, or are you going to be walking down the street one day, see a baby using one, and freak out at his parents?

jacksonm
26th January 2008, 11:14 PM
So are you advocating the banning of joke pacifiers, or are you going to be walking down the street one day, see a baby using one, and freak out at his parents?

I'm just saying that the thing is grotesque.

Charrua
26th January 2008, 11:52 PM
I must admit, it scared me too - real or not. Anyway, does anyone know which is popular, the masculine or the feminine adjective?

I don't know which is more popular i just can tell you as a Spanish speaking person that when i think in the masculine version clásico it just comes to my mind (fútbol clásico, partido clásico, classic game of soccer, classic soccer) like a tournament of classic soccer teams yes all that comes to my mind LOL and when i think in the femenine version clásica it comes (música clásica, classic music)

jose
27th January 2008, 07:19 AM
In portuguese it has two "s"

Good morning.

camarro
27th January 2008, 08:50 AM
That's why latin IDNs rocks! No dname to worrie about!

that is one side of the coin, the other is that probably 90% of people wont type in
with accents, in our case with the exception of "ç" that has its own key, every other accent riquere shift+key, alt+key or whatever, people are lazy, unless keyboards develop according with complete regional accents latin idns will not reach their full value, and that is not easy seeing that some latin languages have so many accents.

jacksonm
27th January 2008, 10:44 AM
that is one side of the coin, the other is that probably 90% of people wont type in
with accents, in our case with the exception of "ç" that has its own key, every other accent riquere shift+key, alt+key or whatever, people are lazy, unless keyboards develop according with complete regional accents latin idns will not reach their full value, and that is not easy seeing that some latin languages have so many accents.

I disagree. OK, I agree if you only consider French, Spanish, and Italian to be "latin IDNs". Otherwise, German, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, etc - all of these languages actually have separate keys for their non-ascii characters.

As well, German IDNs have proven to be the most valuable to date according to public sales figures.

camarro
27th January 2008, 10:58 AM
yes, i was mainly refering to the latin countries, specifically to portuguese keyboards, good to hear that the northern countries have that solved.

jose
27th January 2008, 03:21 PM

Oh, of course, "pais" e "país" are the same thing, right?

camarro
27th January 2008, 06:26 PM
Oh, of course, "pais" e "país" are the same thing, right?

no, they dont have the same meaning, and even in a rare case like that (complitely different meaning from one to another) unless you are a portuguese
teacher nobody knows if it is "país" or "paìs" and really almost no one cares either.

tikonenko
27th January 2008, 06:29 PM
I don't know which is more popular i just can tell you as a Spanish speaking person that when i think in the masculine version clásico it just comes to my mind (fútbol clásico, partido clásico, classic game of soccer, classic soccer) like a tournament of classic soccer teams yes all that comes to my mind LOL and when i think in the femenine version clásica it comes (música clásica, classic music)

agree 100%

jose
27th January 2008, 07:02 PM
no, they dont have the same meaning, and even in a rare case like that (complitely different meaning from one to another) unless you are a portuguese
teacher nobody knows if it is "país" or "paìs" and really almost no one cares either.

One is "parents" and the other is "country" and no one cares?
Rare case? How about mão and mao?

Gramatical correction maters:

um tipo tava pra morrer e foi escrever seu testamento, mas como não tinha mto tempo, e não pontuou correctamente nada....quando encontraram o corpo, o papel dizia o seguinte:

meu dinheiro eu dou a minha irmã não ao meu irmão jamais será paga a conta do padeiro nada dou aos pobres

a irmã leu e disse q havia deixado todo o dinheiro pra el.
Ela leu: meu dinheiro eu dou a minha irmã. não ao meu irmão. jamais será paga a conta do padeiro. nada dou aos pobres.

o irmão disse que o dinheiro era dele. ele leu:
meu dinheiro eu dou a minha irmã? não. ao meu irmão. jamais será paga a conta do padeiro. nada dou aos pobres.

o padeiro entao, sabendo da história disse que o dinheiro era dele.
meu dinheiro eu dou a minha irmã? não. ao meu irmão? jamais. será paga a conta do padeiro. nada dou aos pobres.

por fim (o mais previsível de todos), foi o pobre dizer q o dinheiro era dele..
meu dinheiro eu dou a minha irmã? não. ao meu irmão? jamais. será paga a conta do padeiro? nada. dou aos pobres!

camarro
27th January 2008, 07:38 PM
jose, im sure you use some kind off instant message service, either hotmail or
some other, please tell me how many people will type in accents in their words?
i use it to and i know that the answer is not many, in fact, most people dont use
most of them, younger people even less, yes they will use "ã" and they will use
"ç" but probably they will never use "á" or "à" or "ô" or "ó", etc, unless they are taking a poortuguese test or something, and i doubt that they will type it in on the browsers bar.
im not saying these domains are trash, i guess they are brandables and if some big company wants one they could go for the "proper" version, i just think they
will not reach full value with the current typing habits and keyboard display.

jacksonm
27th January 2008, 07:42 PM
i use it to and i know that the answer is not many, in fact, most people dont use
"ç" but probably they will never use "á" or "à" or "ô" or "ó", etc, unless they are taking a poortuguese test or something, and i doubt that they will type it in on the browsers bar.
im not saying these domains are trash, i guess they are brandables and if some big company wants one they could go for the "proper" version, i just think they

Languages evolve, spelling evolves, and scripts evolve. If a thing falls out of common use for long enough, it will eventually be phased out.

jose
27th January 2008, 09:07 PM

Yes, I agree.

But I bet a credit card company investors would prefer to see their money invested on cartãodecrédito.com instead of cartaodecredito.com.

Isn't the unacented version a typo?

And Google already knows that and sends the corrected versions on your unacented searches. Only the type-ins are lost.

Rubber Duck
27th January 2008, 09:19 PM
Languages evolve, spelling evolves, and scripts evolve. If a thing falls out of common use for long enough, it will eventually be phased out.

Maybe and sometimes changes can be implemented by political will, example reinstatement of Hebrew, Simplified Chinese, or Latinisation of Czech and Polish.

However, the World is not just going to turn around and start doing things the American way just because the Yanks are in financial difficulties and have started to take some notice of what is going on in the rest of the World.

jacksonm
27th January 2008, 09:44 PM
However, the World is not just going to turn around and start doing things the American way just because the Yanks are in financial difficulties and have started to take some notice of what is going on in the rest of the World.

What's that got to do with the price of eggs in China?

These people are omitting accents out of pure laziness and/or because they see everybody else behaving the same way. It's their own culture. Some languages may be understandable without their accents, but none of them are understandable without their umlauts.

acmilan123
12th November 2008, 01:26 AM

yeah , different country have different language to express, may be the key word in your country is very popular but in other country may not.
So I think it is hard to say it is useless or not.
But I am hold that spain.info is a good domains, keep it !

phio
12th November 2008, 07:41 AM
Yes, I agree.

But I bet a credit card company investors would prefer to see their money invested on cartãodecrédito.com instead of cartaodecredito.com.

Isn't the unacented version a typo?

And Google already knows that and sends the corrected versions on your unacented searches. Only the type-ins are lost.

The most google friendly version is cartão-de-crédito :D

As far as accents goes for Spanish and Portugese, If you take a look at "content" the accents are there on most web pages.

Accents were not omitted out of laziness...they just didn't work in the browser for couple of decades....that is changing :eek: