26th January 2008, 08:55 AM
http://www.liveinternet.ru/stat/ru/browsers.html?period=month

yanni
26th January 2008, 09:18 AM
So, ie7 up 3% from last month.

My ru traffic @ ND is up by 0.9%

bwhhisc
26th January 2008, 09:49 AM
Graph shows IE6 peaked at about 6 million users, and IE7 is approaching 3 million.
That's not a huge way to go if we are counting on strict user numbers for typeins etc.
Sure hope traffic does not just "double" when we get back to max levels. Russian traffic still
needs to go up 100x - 500x to reach same proportional percentages of ascii .com terms.

Rubber Duck
26th January 2008, 09:53 AM
Graph shows IE6 peaked at about 6 million users, and IE7 is approaching 3 million.
That's not a huge way to go. Sure hope traffic does not just double when we get critical mass.
Russian traffic still needs to go up 500x - 1000x to reach same proportional percentage of ascii .com terms.

There was never any assumption that this was going to be a linear relationship. We didn't attend the Crawford School of Economics, mind you we didn't get kicked back the University of Texas either. :p

yanni
26th January 2008, 10:17 AM
That's sure not a huge way to go if we are counting on strict user numbers for typeins etc.
Sure hope traffic does not just "double" when we get back to max levels. Russian traffic still
needs to go up 100x - 500x to reach same proportional percentages of ascii .com terms.

I think consumer awareness will be the most important factor. IE7 critical mass will be the beginning but not the catalyst imho as far as traffic is concerned.

It will be a slow and steady rise. Give time to big corps to spend some big bucks on idn development and market-pounding before you see major traffic.

Won't be long now. Just 3-4 years ahead.

Rubber Duck
26th January 2008, 10:56 AM
I agree that it may take 3 years for thing to fully kick in, but speculators will start to move on much less evidence than that. Give us 10x the Russian experience all the way around and we won't be looking at the Secondary Market at all, except for bargains. Any one thinks they can leave it a couple of years before doing something about sorting out their portfolio has their head wedged up their arse. The window of opportunity is months if not weeks.

I think consumer awareness will be the most important factor. IE7 critical mass will be the beginning but not the catalyst imho as far as traffic is concerned.

It will be a slow and steady rise. Give time to big corps to spend some big bucks on idn development and market-pounding before you see major traffic.

jacksonm
26th January 2008, 11:03 AM

Yes, I have said this same thing several times before. Having IE7 doesn't mean that you know you can type IDNs. The climb will be slow and steady, as we are already witnessing.

Explorer
26th January 2008, 11:52 AM
I think this chart is slightly more important, as it shows that IE6, the only browser that doesn't support IDNs, is on its way out.

http://www.liveinternet.ru/stat/ru/browsers.html?period=month&id=6&show=rebuild+graph&per_page=10&report=browsers.html%3Fperiod%3Dmonth

Rubber Duck
26th January 2008, 12:59 PM
http://i.li.ru/i/s/1uqwc4.png

IE6 is not yet in its death lunge, but it is clear from the Green Line that MS does have the power to push IE7 when it wants to!

Drewbert
26th January 2008, 06:48 PM
Once Yandex moves to a Cyrillic domain name, we'll be away laughing.

Rubber Duck
26th January 2008, 10:11 PM
Well I have to say their Logo looks kinda Cyrillic to me! :p

Rubber Duck
3rd October 2008, 05:00 AM
I think this chart is slightly more important, as it shows that IE6, the only browser that doesn't support IDNs, is on its way out.

http://www.liveinternet.ru/stat/ru/browsers.html?period=month&id=6&show=rebuild+graph&per_page=10&report=browsers.html%3Fperiod%3Dmonth

Looking even better now. IE7 is really picking up and Opera Mini seems to have got out the blocks as well.

jose
3rd October 2008, 05:07 AM
Nice Opera 9 stats!!!

phio
4th October 2008, 01:24 AM
Interesting to me that the Russians have started to embrace IDNs more than any other culture at this time. The type-in traffic has doubled for me in the past month. Not sure if it's domainers or actual real people ;)