PDA

View Full Version : Would you list your IDNs on Fusu?

domain_trader
27th January 2008, 10:29 PM
The domain stock market concept is an exciting idea. Fusu opened a few days ago and although it has some rather lack-lustre domain shares up for grabs, I think it will grow. My question is, would you in the future consider putting your IDNs up for share trading and if not, why not?

27th January 2008, 10:31 PM
Do you know that fusu would even take idns?

www.Fusu.com

Rubber Duck
28th January 2008, 05:00 AM
No, not until it is a proven model, and besides our objective is not to sell. This model has no interest to us.

domain_trader
28th January 2008, 07:08 AM
No, not until it is a proven model, and besides our objective is not to sell. This model has no interest to us.

Well the point of it is you don't have to sell (not entirely anyway). You keep a controlling share (at whatever portion you choose) and only sell your domain if and when you want to.

But I think the platform will only be of interest to IDNers when market faith in the value of IDNs either matches or exceeds the faith of IDN owners (in other words, a complete reversal of the current situation).

Rubber Duck
28th January 2008, 07:42 AM
I would sooner sell 100% interest in a few than a 1% interest in a substantial proportion of the portfolio. I certainly wouldn't wish to be a holder of 1%. All the risk none of the power, but even as the majority shareholder, your options are going to be severely limited and for what?

Well the point of it is you don't have to sell (not entirely anyway). You keep a controlling share (at whatever portion you choose) and only sell your domain if and when you want to.

But I think the platform will only be of interest to IDNers when market faith in the value of IDNs either matches or exceeds the faith of IDN owners (in other words, a complete reversal of the current situation).

g
28th January 2008, 09:16 AM
This site has the potential!

it will succeed.... :)

people who buy shares are not interested in certain domains in particular... they are merely speculators

more info:

• $300,000 in only 100 days is the record achievement made by Fusu, the first Domain Stock Exchange platform.

• Indeed, during the closed beta, the most successful trader on Fusu earned over $4,000 in real money, only by investing in shares.
• Under the same circumstances, the most active trader bought or sold over 18,000 shares, resulting in a transaction volume of $36,594.90.

============

many domainers will not mind spending 1000$ actively speculating domain names shares

I am much interested but as rubber duck said it has to be a proven model especially for idns which still need more time to mature enough for such a thing.

mulligan
28th January 2008, 11:11 AM
Put it this way .. I have been turning down or ignoring offers made through whois or via ND / sedo / Afternic more and more frequently .. Shares? think I went this far to sell 'shares' ??
You want it? Make a realistic offer otherwise don't waste your .. or my time

domain_trader
28th January 2008, 11:45 AM
I would sooner sell 100% interest in a few than a 1% interest in a substantial proportion of the portfolio. I certainly wouldn't wish to be a holder of 1%. All the risk none of the power, but even as the majority shareholder, your options are going to be severely limited and for what?

Would I put up my top names? Probably not. But if I wanted to raise some fast capital (perhaps to reinvest or cover renewal fees), I think it could be a smart option for second tier names. The choice: sell off some names for a mediocre price only for them to go up in value and to regret having sold them, or put them on a place like Fusu and at least retain a stake in their future growth.