PDA

View Full Version : Need Help in Translating Domains

vgemito
22nd March 2006, 04:56 AM
Hello,
I am unsure of the translations once provided to me for the following domains (The low Google scores make these translations seem unlikely). Would any Korean native speaker(s) be willing to comment on the accuracy of these translations and whether you think these are viable or useful domain names? Many thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
VGemito

1) xn--hq1b9vv3fx7ayn558d1a.com ... 도매인이름등록.com ... Domain Name Registration.

2) xn--hq1b9vv3fwybu87a.com ... 도매인등록.com ... Domain Registration

3) xn--2e0b83juzr3zn.com ... 도움구함.com ... Help Wanted

hanidn
22nd March 2006, 12:16 PM
Hello,

1) xn--hq1b9vv3fx7ayn558d1a.com ... 도매인이름등록.com ... Domain Name Registration.

2) xn--hq1b9vv3fwybu87a.com ... 도매인등록.com ... Domain Registration

3) xn--2e0b83juzr3zn.com ... 도움구함.com ... Help Wanted

All translations are correct.

3) is not a good to keep..
2) is a good to keep...
1) may keep ok...

touchring
22nd March 2006, 12:42 PM
Great, how about this 몸짱? What does it mean, can't find a translator that translates it properly. Google image brings up all the sexy photos. :-)

hanidn
22nd March 2006, 01:32 PM
Great, how about this 몸짱? What does it mean, can't find a translator that translates it properly. Google image brings up all the sexy photos. :-)

"몸짱" is a very shorten form of new word that created by younger people.

If I describe it, I can say something like "a person who has a good shaped body".

"얼짱" is a same case that I can say like "a person who has a looking good face".

I do not know how long these words stay on everybody´s lips... I sure they never forget even if they use them less in future...

vgemito
23rd March 2006, 03:24 AM
Thanks for the help hanidn.

Do you have a guess as to why 1) and 2) do so poorly on Google counts? I would have thought these terms to be fairly popular.

Separately, does the question about "몸짱" have anything to do with my query? Am I missing something?

Many thanks.

VGemito

hanidn
23rd March 2006, 05:06 AM
Thanks for the help hanidn.
Do you have a guess as to why 1) and 2) do so poorly on Google counts? I would have thought these terms to be fairly popular.
Separately, does the question about "몸짱" have anything to do with my query?

If you try to search overture Korea… ( http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/?mkt=kr )

“도메인등록” has over 55,000 count and “도메인이름등록” has only 50 count.
They bid 2$ on “domain registration” and none for “domain name registration”.
They are correct and show which one we use the most…

I guess the google count of “domain name registration” includes “domain registration” count too.. and I do not know those google counts are so low…

Some exceptions (when some keywords are promoted by overture's major affiliates), the most of overture scores are reliable and in reality more than google searches.

And the concern of “몸짱” was an answer for touchring's curiosity…

touchring
23rd March 2006, 06:24 AM
"몸짱" is a very shorten form of new word that created by younger people.

If I describe it, I can say something like "a person who has a good shaped body".

"얼짱" is a same case that I can say like "a person who has a looking good face".

I do not know how long these words stay on everybody´s lips... I sure they never forget even if they use them less in future...

Thks, what's the romanization of 몸짱. If it's hanja, sometimes, it's possible to guess from the romanized form.

vgemito
23rd March 2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks once more hanidn! Your explanation is most useful.

Regards,
VGemito