PDA

View Full Version : 参照.com - reference, consultation (japanese)

Sunny
2nd February 2008, 10:03 PM
I don't know how to check overture for japanese IDNs, so i just checked it in google, and it gave me 98,400,000 results.
Please appraise.

Ryu
11th February 2008, 05:25 AM
I don't know how to check overture for japanese IDNs, so i just checked it in google, and it gave me 98,400,000 results.
Please appraise.

This is my favorite Japanese ovt site.

無料登録ドットコム (http://www.muryoutouroku.com/free/keyplus1.html)

It gives you more info than just ovt scores, such as KEI and the number of rival sites. However, you need to bear in mind that its data is not of current one. (I think it's more than a year old)

Also, for the minor term like 参照, you mihgt need to repeat your searches many times before you can get the score.

FYO, 参照 is reportedly searched 1,150 times a month.

You should also try using other tools, such as Google Traffic Estimator and Google Trends. Also, I advise you to actually type the keyword in Yahoo Japan and Google and see what kinds of ads they display together with search results and examine how well they are related to your keyword. You can also examine how people use the keyword in their homepages, etc, etc.

Make full use of the fact that you understand Japanese. Examine sounds & looks of the keywords and see if they are brandable. When it comes to Japanese IDNs, you have an advantage.

Good luck!

Ryu

Sunny
11th February 2008, 06:10 AM
Very valuable information. Thanks a lot!
Btw, it seems that OVT doesn't always correlate with google trends, since some keywords with 20000+ OVT don't even have enough data for the graph.