PDA

View Full Version : IDNchars.com

davnin
4th February 2008, 04:02 PM
I built this website on IDN chars.
It has also a useful glossary, news (still very few), and a link to the most important forum on IDNs (this one! ;) )

I hope that someone could help me to improve the glossary and the news of IDNchars.com: more informations are available, more the market will grow.

If you want to suggest a few links... I'm here and ready! :)

jacksonm
4th February 2008, 04:08 PM
I built this website on IDN chars.
It has also a useful glossary, news (still very few), and a link to the most important forum on IDNs (this one! ;) )

I hope that someone could help me to improve the glossary and the news of IDNchars.com: more informations are available, more the market will grow.

If you want to suggest a few links... I'm here and ready! :)

That's a sharp looking website :-) Most of the characters don't display properly for me, though. Firefox 2, Linux. And I never had problem viewing characters before.

The ones which don't display properly are arabic, syriac, thaana, and symbols - about half the characters in each group are squares.

davnin
4th February 2008, 04:40 PM
That's a sharp looking website :-) Most of the characters don't display properly for me, though. Firefox 2, Linux. And I never had problem viewing characters before.

The ones which don't display properly are arabic, syriac, thaana, and symbols - about half the characters in each group are squares.

also for me ;)

there are chars that nobody can see, they're not supported yet by the browsers

Probably you can see a few of them with Notepad, but they are not useful in the WWW

Drewbert
4th February 2008, 05:35 PM
Yeah. Nice clean layout.

You might want to list the IDN test TLD's in your TLD list, to draw a little bit more attention to them.

Another cool thing would be to make it so that when you hovered over a character, the UNICODE # and name popped up.

davnin
4th February 2008, 05:46 PM
Yeah. Nice clean layout.

You might want to list the IDN test TLD's in your TLD list, to draw a little bit more attention to them.

nice idea, I'll do it! :)

Another cool thing would be to make it so that when you hovered over a character, the UNICODE # and name popped up.

this is very difficult, I reported 2 or 3 thousands chars.

Drewbert
4th February 2008, 05:57 PM
Ah, so the info isn't generated from a database, you did it by hand?

mulligan
4th February 2008, 10:07 PM
Small suggestion .. change chars to characters so those who don't know what we are talking about will 'get it'

davnin
4th February 2008, 11:08 PM
Ah, so the info isn't generated from a database, you did it by hand?

yes, there isn't a database, and I built the website starting from zero. It is solid and static html, not PHP or ASP

Small suggestion .. change chars to characters so those who don't know what we are talking about will 'get it'

I changed the title of the homepage from "IDN chars" to "IDN characters".
Thanks

Yeah. Nice clean layout.

I reported the IDN.IDN Tests, with active links.
Thanks for the suggestion