PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of .com and do they get traffic?

rolf
5th February 2008, 09:29 PM
I know that .jp is the preferred in this market but what do you think of .com?

I've found a number of what I think are premium .com where the .jp is already registered.

Tempted to reg but not sure. Do .com get anywhere near as good type-in as the .jp ?

Thanks

thefabfive
5th February 2008, 09:31 PM
Can't go wrong with the .com.

Register at Dynadot if you're not sure and ask for opinions here afterwards. You have 5 days to drop.

sunsei21
5th February 2008, 11:01 PM

I've found a number of what I think are premium .com where the .jp is already registered.

Tempted to reg but not sure. Do .com get anywhere near as good type-in as the .jp ?

Thanks

never mind.....

mgrohan
6th February 2008, 12:30 AM
.coms are definitely just as good for japanese than jp in my experience. I get about the same earnings for both .com .jp for my Japanese IDNs (.com slightly more).
Specially if the .jp is held by a Japanese native i would definitely be signing up the .com

markits
6th February 2008, 12:42 AM

Thanks
I do't know where you get this. In my portfolio, the Japanese .com performs much better than .jp. Usually, with the same keywords, the .jp receives 30%ish of traffic as the .com does.

sunsei21
6th February 2008, 03:13 AM
I do't know where you get this. In my portfolio, the Japanese .com performs much better than .jp. Usually, with the same keywords, the .jp receives 30%ish of traffic as the .com does.

some people do need their hands held in this game. i commend you all for doing so

Clotho
6th February 2008, 07:26 AM
Hi Rolf,

It is true that the .jp may be preferred by some. Those seeking domains on the merits of traffic would be wise to invest in the .com in the Japanese namespace. From my own experience (I have domains in all 3 extensions .jp .com and .net) the .com always outperforms the .jp and .net by a significant margin. I do like .jp though. I think it is an excellent extension and is particularly good for domains that may be regional in scope.

jacksonm
6th February 2008, 08:07 AM
some people do need their hands held in this game. i commend you all for doing so

People join and participate here to learn.

sunsei21
6th February 2008, 10:19 AM
People join and participate here to learn.

i must say my post was based more on my mood at the time as i usually wouldn't bother i am sorry for that, but its still just my opinion and ill be happy to explain y so i dont seem like that much of a dick ;) but how many people got into the game without help did research on their own etc the information is out there.
now as i step off soap box now anyone who knows me i will help anyone who asks for free so really what i im saying is if you cant do the initial legwork u dont need to be in the game just my opinion right or wrong it is what it is.

again apologies to rolf wasn't trying to pick on you

blastfromthepast
6th February 2008, 05:30 PM

Highly unlikely