PDA

View Full Version : Gee supports Barack Obama

g
6th February 2008, 11:06 PM
OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA!

I always choose the winner names .........lol

Rubber Duck : clinton comes second exactly like dnlocal is second to idnforums

IDNF! IDNF! IDNF! IDNF! IDNF! IDNF! IDNF! IDNF!

No one can change THE DESTINY....

IDNF is our DESTINY ....lol

bwhhisc
6th February 2008, 11:11 PM

g, I am sure glad your not pro Republican :p

g
6th February 2008, 11:39 PM
g, I am sure glad your not pro Republican :p

I am a pro antidisestablishmentarian supports

Antidisestablishmentarianism ( it is a dictionary work ... no kidding ......even taken at .com means political movement or somthing ...lol )

yea political terms are tuff ...... and rubber duck is goddammit lucky ....lol

Rubber Duck
7th February 2008, 05:20 AM
IDNF has been going precisely nowhere except for SEO Ranking for the last two years. Craig here, or Craig not here, nothing is going to change there! But if you lot want to stay here so all your posting will lost for all eternity, then that is a democratic free choice.

mulligan
7th February 2008, 06:00 AM

Your choice .. your destiny

jacksonm
7th February 2008, 08:07 AM
Antidisestablishmentarianism ( it is a dictionary work ... no kidding ......even taken at .com means political movement or somthing ...lol )

It's a double negative. Anti and dis are both negative. Establishment is a generalization which is used to label organizations which have political power (otherwise known as "the system"). Establishmentarian is obviously somebody who supports the establishment, or is a member of the establishment. Ism just means "a part of that thing's behaviour" or "behaving a certain way".

So this long ass word actually just means somebody who is against those who are against the system. As far as I can decode. But sometimes even being a native English speaker doesn't help with this type of pretentiousness.

clipper
7th February 2008, 11:53 AM
It's a double negative.... But sometimes even being a native English speaker doesn't help with this type of pretentiousness.

It wreaks of jargon:

Disestablishment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disestablishment)

Another Source:
Antidisestablishmentarianism was coined to describe the movement that arose in opposition to Prime Minister W. E. Gladstone’s (1809—98) ultimately successful efforts to disestablish the Church of Ireland (i.e., revoke its status as the official, state-sanctioned religion). The act passed parliament in 1869, freeing Ireland’s Roman Catholics from the onerous obligation of tithing to the Anglican Church as well as their own. The word lived on as a novelty; it is seldom heard nowadays except at spelling bees. From Here (http://www.randomhouse.com/highschool/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780307279071&view=excerpt)

In English, we typically don't put that many prefixes and suffixes on words unless the words themselves (with existing suffixes and prefixes) are tied to something specific, e.g. a movement or cause, as is the case here.

The word itself is just poor English (as MJ points out). It really only makes sense in the context of its original coinage, which is to be "anti-" the "Disestablishment" movement. It's as if traditional literature and rhetoric professors established a movement to counter the likes of (Deconstructionists) Derrida, Barthes and Foucault and called it the antideconstructionism movement. It should be noted that such a movement does exist, and they call it, quite plainly, "current traditional rhetoric," or "literature." Now, that's pretentious.

Further proof that the word is only used in bad company:
North Carolina’s former senator Jesse Helms briefly put the word on the map in 1999 when he used it in reference to his evolving thoughts about the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty, which he had come to oppose. He said he learned it from Senator Pat Moynihan. (Ibid.)

touchring
7th February 2008, 03:18 PM
obama seems to be a good speaker. clinton sounds like she got a sore throat.

tee1
7th February 2008, 05:51 PM
Hey G I think Obama wants to cut the salaries of all Medical doctors worldwide starting with the US :o hehe would you still vote for him.

tee1

Rubber Duck
7th February 2008, 06:35 PM
No, that's not his name! He just said he was "Barking Barmy". The press just miss reported him as usual! :)

g
7th February 2008, 07:25 PM
obama seems to be a good speaker. clinton sounds like she got a sore throat.

Clinton was probably quarreling with her husband over missed call from Monica ...lol

obama is a modest man came from a poor family in a poor country ..... he will be conservative in dealing with middle east.

John Mackin is the worset ... he is an extremist and radical ... he will probably launch more wars in the region.

Hey G I think Obama wants to cut the salaries of all Medical doctors worldwide starting with the US :o hehe would you still vote for him.

tee1

I would be happy if they take all the salary and fire me :)..... I have many friends in USA making more than 250k$ a year.

cutting the salaries by even 50% is not enough .....lol