PDA

View Full Version : dot mobi template at ND

jacksonm
7th February 2008, 09:23 AM
Did anybody notice this before? It is basically a template which produces a mobile phone sized screen with nothing but a few text ads. Could be very good for Japanese domains. I set all my Japanese domains to use this earlier and will watch it for a few days to see if it improves the low ctr.

touchring
7th February 2008, 01:12 PM
thks, i saw it, pls keep us informed.

phio
7th February 2008, 04:20 PM
edited off topic...

jacksonm
7th February 2008, 04:23 PM
I have a few .mobi ascii's there at parked. For anyone who wants to see the layout on their iphone or other mobi device take a look at earbud.mobi Not fancy, but it works!

Has anyone used parked with their IDN's?

The dot mobi template has nothing to do with dot mobi domains - you can use this template on any extension (dot com, dot jp, etc).

phio
7th February 2008, 04:31 PM
Hmmm... edited off topic

jacksonm
7th February 2008, 04:34 PM
Hmmm... Take a look at naturesounds.mobi This is parked with a strings template, but defaults to the .mobi template So, I think parked may take all the .mobis and use this shrink to fit template. Not 100% sure. Can you respond with a sample of your Japanese mobi page, or pm me. I would like to try some of mine out too. Thanks

PM sent.

phio
7th February 2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks, my mistake! Next time it would help me to read the title.

touchring
23rd February 2008, 05:49 PM
Did anybody notice this before? It is basically a template which produces a mobile phone sized screen with nothing but a few text ads. Could be very good for Japanese domains. I set all my Japanese domains to use this earlier and will watch it for a few days to see if it improves the low ctr.

hi jackson, any luck on this?

Drewbert
23rd February 2008, 06:27 PM
Yeah. Any luck? Huh? Huh?

jacksonm
23rd February 2008, 06:33 PM
Yeah. Any luck? Huh? Huh?

It does appear to have slightly increased my CTR.