PDA

View Full Version : How to translate money.com, video.com and sex.com to Chinese

DreamStyleRU
8th February 2008, 08:27 AM
Hello!

Can some body help me to translate: money.com, video.com and sex.com to Chinese language?

Like for Russian it will looks like:
деньги.com,
видео.com
секс.com

But how to write it in Chinese (it will be nice if you will be able to provide it in Pynecode format, because i am not sure if Chinese symbols displayed correct for me)?

jacksonm
8th February 2008, 08:29 AM
Hello!

Can some body help me to translate: money.com, video.com and sex.com to Chinese language?

Like for Russian it will looks like:
деньги.com,
видео.com
секс.com

But how to write it in Chinese (it will be nice if you will be able to provide it in Pynecode format, because i am not sure if Chinese symbols displayed correct for me)?

Do you think that these domains are still available in Chinese?

What kind of IDNer are you if you can't even bother to get your fonts straightened out?

thegenius1
8th February 2008, 08:31 AM
Hate to be the barer of bad news but those names are LOOOOOONNG GONE !

alpha
8th February 2008, 08:50 AM

noone is that naive, he's prob looking for combos or maybe for seo keywords

mulligan
8th February 2008, 09:31 AM
Possibly wants to use Alphas 'guide to fishing'

jacksonm
8th February 2008, 09:32 AM
noone is that naive, he's prob looking for combos or maybe for seo keywords

He asked for it in punycode format!

alpha
8th February 2008, 09:35 AM
He asked for it in punycode format!

lmao. hmmm. ok. naive it is.

sunsei21
8th February 2008, 10:21 AM
Do you think that these domains are still available in Chinese?

What kind of IDNer are you if you can't even bother to get your fonts straightened out?

lol some people come here to learn ;)

jacksonm
8th February 2008, 10:32 AM
lol some people come here to learn ;)

Blah! OK, maybe some people think that these type of domains are still possibly available in Chinese (or any other major language). It is quite possible that newcomers don't realize the state of the mining operations over the past 8 years!

We can provide some assistance to you if you ask which fonts you need to install. We can teach you how to produce punycode from words, even where to find english -> chinese translators. But asking straight off for punycoded translations is a bit much!

sunsei21
8th February 2008, 10:54 AM
Blah! OK, maybe some people think that these type of domains are still possibly available in Chinese (or any other major language). It is quite possible that newcomers don't realize the state of the mining operations over the past 8 years!

We can provide some assistance to you if you ask which fonts you need to install. We can teach you how to produce punycode from words, even where to find english -> chinese translators. But asking straight off for punycoded translations is a bit much!

lol yep some people need their hand held all the way to riches ;) we need some required reading before people can ask questions :cool:

IDNer
8th February 2008, 04:24 PM
I'll translate them as:

money -
in Traditional Chinese is: 錢
in Simplified Chinese is: 钱
P.S. 金錢 & 金钱 also means money in Chinese

video -
in Traditional Chinese is: 錄影帶
in Simplified Chinese is: 录影带

sex -
it is same character [性] in Traditional & Simplified Chinese
P.S. 性爱 & 性愛 also means sex in Chinese

I've just make a Whois search for these IDNs -

錢.com (xn--sw4a.com) Creation Date: 27-may-2003
錢.net (xn--sw4a.net) Creation Date: 02-nov-2005
钱.com (xn--674a.com) Creation Date: 06-mar-2001
钱.net (xn--674a.net) Creation Date: 02-nov-2005
金錢.com (xn--5m4ayz.com) Creation Date: 09-nov-2000
金錢.net (xn--5m4ayz.net) No match
金钱.com (xn--5m4aq0d.com) Creation Date: 09-nov-2000
金钱.net (xn--5m4aq0d.net) Creation Date: 20-feb-2006
錄影帶.com (xn--put50ax54i.com) Creation Date: 17-sep-2003
錄影帶.net 錄影帶.net (xn--put50ax54i.net) No match
录影带.com. (xn--8tt4zsc.com) Creation Date: 31-may-2006
录影带.net (xn--8tt4zsc.net) Creation Date: 2008-02-08 <- Today
性.com (xn--w8t.com) Creation Date: 25-apr-2004
性.net (xn--w8t.net) Creation Date: 25-apr-2004
性愛.com (xn--w8t2u.com) Creation Date: 26-may-2003
性愛.net. (xn--w8t2u.net) Creation Date: 30-may-2007
性爱.com (xn--w8tn51b.com) Creation Date: 24-may-2003
性爱.net (xn--w8tn51b.net) Creation Date: 07-dec-2005

DreamStyleRU
9th February 2008, 02:44 PM
IDNer
Hello! Thanks for translation!

jacksonm
:) dear IDNer master! Sorry for my stupid question, but if you be so kind and read my first post you may be note, that i don't ask if this domains available or not, i just ask how to translate

about Pynecode. As may be you know, in a different country people use a different browsers input method and so on. I know that UTF8 is good to display almost all, but i don't want to get a problem if it's not true. I am not from CN and i don't know chain language so in case of error i will not able to detect it.

Now about why i ask this, dear master. I am not IDNer at all, i just work in a big registrar company (coder) and i will be able to try to register any IDN domain in one of TLD zone which will soon support Chines language.

I have a long domains wish list about ~600 words and of course i will be not able to register all of them but i will register some of then which is also good to resell.

mulligan
9th February 2008, 04:20 PM
IDNer
Hello! Thanks for translation!

jacksonm
:) dear IDNer master! Sorry for my stupid question, but if you be so kind and read my first post you may be note, that i don't ask if this domains available or not, i just ask how to translate

about Pynecode. As may be you know, in a different country people use a different browsers input method and so on. I know that UTF8 is good to display almost all, but i don't want to get a problem if it's not true. I am not from CN and i don't know chain language so in case of error i will not able to detect it.

Now about why i ask this, dear master. I am not IDNer at all, i just work in a big registrar company (coder) and i will be able to try to register any IDN domain in one of TLD zone which will soon support Chines language.

I have a long domains wish list about ~600 words and of course i will be not able to register all of them but i will register some of then which is also good to resell.
The scripters are amongst us? ... nice :)

sunsei21
10th February 2008, 12:57 AM
The scripters are amongst us? ... nice :)

lol booooooooooooooooooooo!!

mkellerman
10th February 2008, 01:59 PM
Hi,

I don't agree with the above transations for video, namely:

video -
in Traditional Chinese is: 錄影帶
in Simplified Chinese is: 录影带

The above mean "video tape". At least in mainland China, video tape recorders or plays are almost non-exisitant. Whoever registered 录影带.net made a mistake, I am pretty sure :)

If you mean video as in what you can see at youtube, I think the following are good candidates:

动画片
动画

IDNer
10th February 2008, 03:07 PM
If you mean video as in what you can see at youtube, I think the following are good candidates:

动画片
动画

I've check the Google translator and got:
video -
in Traditional Chinese is: 視頻
in Simplified Chinese is: 视频

So, maybe that's the 'modern' word people have using today. I make a correction.
But "錄影帶" or "录影带" really used in my age (I'm 52 years old) before.

mgrohan
10th February 2008, 03:20 PM
in Traditional Chinese is: 視頻
in Simplified Chinese is: 视频

Yes, these are definitely the most popular and most used for video in this meaning.