PDA

View Full Version : 一覧.jp(list, catalogue) hand reged just now

Sunny
11th February 2008, 11:52 PM
一覧.jp (list, catalogue)

Google trends is comparable to that of 車(car).
http://www.google.com/trends?q=%E4%B8%80%E8%A6%A7%E3%80%81%E8%BB%8A&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

Google Traffic estimator for 一覧:
Average CPC: $0.87 (at a maximum CPC of $2.70)
Estimated clicks per day: 240 - 302 (at a daily budget of $320.00)

Google search results for "一覧" 663,000,000
Yahoo search results for "一覧" 1,390,000,000 !!

also a lot of ads for yahoo
http://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=%E2%80%9D%E4%B8%80%E8%A6%A7%E2%80%9D&ei=UTF-8&fr=top_ga1&x=wrt

Seems like there are still a lot of good domains unregistered.

seamo
12th February 2008, 01:16 AM
OVT searches for this term are fairly low at 2211 last month.

Not to say it doesn't have development potential though.

A Japanese forum member would need to appraise this to give an idea of its value.

Sunny
12th February 2008, 02:42 AM
I have noticed that OVT doesnt correlate with google trends, why is that?
I guess they are both based on the same idea.
I think overture counts only searches where only this term is searched. But obviously people dont search for lists, they search for lists of smth, so OVT for this term alone might be low, but the overture of the sum of all searches that included this term, is very high.

As for development, I think this can be some kind of japanese DMOZ project. Or just a catalog of japanese sites.

jacksonm
12th February 2008, 07:41 AM
I have noticed that OVT doesnt correlate with google trends, why is that?
I guess they are both based on the same idea.
I think overture counts only searches where only this term is searched. But obviously people dont search for lists, they search for lists of smth, so OVT for this term alone might be low, but the overture of the sum of all searches that included this term, is very high.

As for development, I think this can be some kind of japanese DMOZ project. Or just a catalog of japanese sites.

The reason why OVT doesn't correlate with Google Trends is that OVT is Yahoo search statistics, and Google Trends is Google search statistics. As you know, Yahoo is the king in Japan, and Google usage is somewhere around 4%. So if a Japanese term has Google Trends at all then it's generally a very good indicator.

You've made a good point with regards to the overall sum of all the related searches. When you build a site using all of those related terms, then you can expect to get far more search traffic than the OVT for the term alone indicates. I have experienced this in practice, and I'm sure others have as well.

Sunny
12th February 2008, 09:20 AM
Sometimes I encounter word combinations that have 20000+ OVT, but doesnt have google trends. Do u think these will get any type-ins?

jacksonm
12th February 2008, 09:24 AM
Sometimes I encounter word combinations that have 20000+ OVT, but doesnt have google trends. Do u think these will get any type-ins?

Not sure, but one metric which people sometimes use to gauge this is that if you find a term which has OVT with the extension included then it probably will get type-ins.

For example, if you'd find "一覧.jp" or "一覧.com" inside of the OVT list of related terms, then most people agree that you will get type-ins. In this case, though, you need to check even more carefully that the term isn't a trademark.

Sunny
12th February 2008, 09:30 AM
Thanks!