PDA

View Full Version : Ok make me rich

lipps
12th February 2008, 08:28 PM
Well I have been trying to be a millionaire since the day I was living under a bridge.
Well hasnt happened yet.

So cant hurt to ask.
I need an idn name that is in the dot com or native language of the tld that has not been regged yet that will someday be able to be sold for the million dollars.
Not asking for a free on, just one that can be regged.... and is more than worthwhile.

Cant hurt to ask

alpha
12th February 2008, 08:33 PM
if you find me an ascii one, i'll find you an IDN one.. deal?

mulligan
12th February 2008, 08:36 PM
Well I have been trying to be a millionaire since the day I was living under a bridge.
Well hasnt happened yet.

So cant hurt to ask.
I need an idn name that is in the dot com or native language of the tld that has not been regged yet that will someday be able to be sold for the million dollars.
Not asking for a free on, just one that can be regged.... and is more than worthwhile.

Cant hurt to ask
No harm in asking .. You won't draw blood though

Oh .. and BTW .. what he said .. so there ya go .. not just 1 mil .. but 2 :)

tee1
12th February 2008, 08:43 PM
lipps pm sent with an idea of where to search, don't have any names or I would have already regged them. hehe

Alpha, you been playing with your web cam again :p I thought saw your photo over on another website, which one was it....

tee1

jacksonm
12th February 2008, 08:58 PM

Me, too.

What's new?

lipps
12th February 2008, 09:02 PM
You know I just get a warm fuzzy feeling here.
Trying to draw other members here to keep the board alive.

Ill trade you youre.mobi for a nice name.

Its got potential

jacksonm
12th February 2008, 09:07 PM
Trying to draw other members here to keep the board alive.

It's not gonna die - RD can't stay away :p And he writes enough on his own to make the place bustle.

lipps
12th February 2008, 09:20 PM
I think he has had 10k post just today :)

mulligan
12th February 2008, 09:31 PM
This is not namepros

jacksonm
12th February 2008, 09:38 PM
I think he has had 10k post just today :)

Lipps, it's 10k total, not today.

Wot
12th February 2008, 11:17 PM
This is not namepros

When I see some of the threads here it is diffifcult to tell the difference, just longer words. :rolleyes:

lipps
12th February 2008, 11:25 PM
Mulligan you seem to have some pent up anger.
Take my advise let go of what ever it is you are angry with. you will be a much happier person. Learn to find humor in this world.
Paix
By the way I find RD to be a very well versed individual who has given me some heads up on occassion.

Rubber Duck
13th February 2008, 05:45 AM
When I see some of the threads here it is diffifcult to tell the difference, just longer words. :rolleyes:

What they do at Namepros goes way beyond domain speculation. They seem to be involved in some kind of hobbiest's distraction like train spotting or stamp collecting. It is obviously very popular but I think I will stick to the commercial side of things myself.

Clotho
13th February 2008, 08:27 AM
Well hasnt happened yet.

So cant hurt to ask.

Cant hurt to ask

Hmmm. Loophole:

http://www.cooperativeindividualism.org/calvin-on-scientific-law.gif

You didn't supply a very definative timeframe. Someday is well,... obscure.

If you were to look at what has occurred in the ASCII namespace and extrapolate that onto the script of your choice you might see, (given enough time) That there are still rather large chunks of gold waiting to be picked up. At the present time, all that is still available would be best described as "brandable" domains but if any given namespace becomes bought up they can still be quite valuable. Just look at the current value of 2 and 3 letter .coms for example.

Sure it may take more than 1 domain to reach your goal of 1 milliion, but if you do your research 20-30 carefully selected domains held long enough for the selected namespace to be bought out should do the trick.

I sometimes laugh to myself when I see people point out that a particular domain is a common misspelling or other error and is subsequently worthless. Given enough time many of these may hold very significant value.

jacksonm
13th February 2008, 08:46 AM
I sometimes laugh to myself when I see people point out that a particular domain is a common misspelling or other error and is subsequently worthless. Given enough time many of these may hold very significant value.

I agree. Common misspellings, according to my understanding, can be quite valuable in Arabic as well as Russian. I am not aware of any other languages where this would hold true, but there could be more.

Nonetheless, I believe that the seller has a duty to point out if a listed domain is a common misspelling. A common problem, though, is that the seller has little to no competence in the language for the the domain which he is listing for sale. In this case, I feel that it's more than appropriate for native speakers to jump in and clarify the situation for the sake of others. This is part of the support-group function that we receive for being part of a well rounded and diversified group of members.

And then there are the cases where the proper spelling has fallen out of common use, but native speakers try to flip them anyway and fail to mention this little tidbit of information. Again, the group has a duty to clarify IMO.

Wot
13th February 2008, 09:26 AM
What they do at Namepros goes way beyond domain speculation. They seem to be involved in some kind of hobbiest's distraction like train spotting or stamp collecting. It is obviously very popular but I think I will stick to the commercial side of things myself.

Politics and slagging matches in the extreme seems to be some of the diversifications here. :rolleyes:

And going off topic in threads! -hmmm!

jacksonm
13th February 2008, 09:32 AM
Politics and slagging matches in the extreme seems to be some of the diversifications here. :rolleyes:

Don't forget the imminent implosion of the US economy!

I think the economy is a lot like the weather. People have studied it for ages and are able to some very short term predictions as well as identify cycles, but you really never know just what mother nature has in store for you. We didn't even get a winter in Finland this year. WTF, 1/3 of the country is north of the arctic circle and the other 2/3 isn't far behind!

Rubber Duck
13th February 2008, 09:42 AM

And going off topic in threads! -hmmm!

Well I guess some of us are treading water waiting for more serious domainers to turn up. Unlike the ASCII World, the trades that are in the open seem to be financed out of the weekly pocket money. Doesn't leave much scope for serious discussion on the dynamics of the IDN domain business. Of course, there is a fair bit going on in the background which was very much the pattern with ASCII as well, but NDAs often prevent meaningful discussions.

Wot
13th February 2008, 11:52 AM
Well I guess some of us are treading water waiting for more serious domainers to turn up. Unlike the ASCII World, the trades that are in the open seem to be financed out of the weekly pocket money. Doesn't leave much scope for serious discussion on the dynamics of the IDN domain business. Of course, there is a fair bit going on in the background which was very much the pattern with ASCII as well, but NDAs often prevent meaningful discussions.

No- not me, no treading of water, plenty of serious domainers around here,ascii and idn aficionados, most of whom do not need to have the last post. Now there's an opening, I wonder who------ :rolleyes:

Rubber Duck
13th February 2008, 12:11 PM
No- not me, no treading of water, plenty of serious domainers around here,ascii and idn aficionados, most of whom do not need to have the last post. Now there's an opening, I wonder who------ :rolleyes:

You can say that when a day or so after Petra.com sold here for $500? That's not a market, that is a car boot sale!

jacksonm
13th February 2008, 12:48 PM
You can say that when a day or so after Petra.com sold here for $500? That's not a market, that is a car boot sale!

This would have sold for significantly higher in a short-term auction thread with a tempting BIN, say $2500. I am certain of it. Why the other strategy was opted for was clearly a matter of the utmost urgency.

Wot
13th February 2008, 10:38 PM

And I have purchased a number of "good"names here for very reasonable prices and they are now tucked away for RON- so what's new?

Many guys are picking up gems on drops/snaps both ascii/idn etc , so what's new?

OOPS -Off topic again.