PDA

View Full Version : Korean .info names - worth regging or not?

htmlindex
14th February 2008, 01:09 AM
I found an ok Korean keyword when searching on Dynadot, only the .info is available to reg with all other extentions taken. This particular Korean word has about 10,000,000 Google results & also has Google Trends.

At this point of the game, are Korean worth regging or is it better to search for other names?

mgrohan
14th February 2008, 02:18 AM
Think .info is only good for development, not much value for resale.

Someone holding all the main terms in korean .info dropped them all a month or so ago, picked up blogs and movies i think.

If someone is dropping all of them i would guess there is not much resale value.

mulligan
14th February 2008, 02:46 AM
I have a few and will be dropping them .. no traffic .. agree that they might be good for development but I personally can't be bothered / don't have the skills necessary .. Top teir terms might be worth holding but I myself have little or no faith in them (The few I have are nowhere near 'top teir' BTW)

Drewbert
14th February 2008, 04:37 AM
One huge problem with developing Korean domains of any kind is the lack of any affiliate programs that allow people from outside Korea to join. You generally need a korean citizen registration # to join anything. :(

Certainly puts the [korean].info down a few notches on my droplist wish list.

touchring
14th February 2008, 04:42 AM
better to focus on dot com.

htmlindex
14th February 2008, 05:23 AM
Thanks for the comments. I will pass on that name.

Drewbert
14th February 2008, 05:57 AM
Oh and the other thing I just thought about which is a downside for Korean in .info (and .biz?) is that they block 1 and 2 character registrations.

Am I right in thinking that average Joe Blow Korean guy who wants to see if IDN's work in .info is most likely to try a 2 character phrase and think that because it dowsn't work, .info doesn't do IDN?

touchring
14th February 2008, 07:32 AM
Oh and the other thing I just thought about which is a downside for Korean in .info (and .biz?) is that they block 1 and 2 character registrations.

Am I right in thinking that average Joe Blow Korean guy who wants to see if IDN's work in .info is most likely to try a 2 character phrase and think that because it dowsn't work, .info doesn't do IDN?

I think korean is similar to chinese to some extent, in fact, much of it is chinese, but written in another form. So double characters are more common than single characters?