OldIDNer
14th February 2008, 02:47 PM
sale over

markits
14th February 2008, 03:49 PM
:) offer over

jose
14th February 2008, 03:51 PM
There's no real translation for "real estate" on latin languages.

Having said that, "Imobiliária" is indeed what gets close, but the actual correct translation is something like "company that deals with real estate". Thus, it's the more valuable term.

markits
14th February 2008, 03:55 PM

Having said that, "Imobiliária" is indeed what gets close, but the actual correct translation is something like "company that deals with real estate". Thus, it's the more valuable term.
I know you don't want to harm OldIdner's sale. But realestate.com should be worth more than realestatecompany.com, right?

OldIDNer
14th February 2008, 04:02 PM
sale over

jose
14th February 2008, 04:10 PM
I know you don't want to harm OldIdner's sale. But realestate.com should be worth more than realestatecompany.com, right?

Markits, there's no "real estate" word. (well it could be "imobiliário", but it's not used).

OldIDNer is the most valuable real estate Portuguese word. ditto. (and French and Spanish, inmobiliaria...

markits
14th February 2008, 04:17 PM
Thanks OldIDNer and Jose. I wish I can get this one for the offer I have made. :)

A side story, I received an email asking me if I can give my goiânia.com to him. He said that he is from goiânia Brazil.

OldIDNer
14th February 2008, 04:20 PM
sale over

touchring
14th February 2008, 04:26 PM

does this mean immobile? something stuck?

idn
14th February 2008, 04:43 PM
Can you provide any traffic/revenue stats? Thanks.

OldIDNer
14th February 2008, 04:48 PM
sale over

L@@K
14th February 2008, 05:10 PM
I don't want to hijack your sale, but could you explain us the difference between "imóvel", "imóveis" and "imobiliária" plz ?
I'm probably not alone to not understand the difference and I think it could help your sale also.
Because when i search a little "imóveis" & "imóvel" look strong also.
For ex, br.yahoo.com use "imóveis". :confused:

Thx.

OldIDNer
14th February 2008, 08:46 PM
imovel = singular
imoveis = plural

imoveis can mean property, real estate, lots

my understanding is that imobiliaria means/can mean real estate broker as a noun and property/real estate as an adjective

i've seen both terms used as real estate when I was in brazil

note, I've decided to end the sale

thanks for the offers guys

jose
15th February 2008, 02:03 AM
I don't want to hijack your sale, but could you explain us the difference between "imóvel", "imóveis" and "imobiliária" plz ?
I'm probably not alone to not understand the difference and I think it could help your sale also.
Because when i search a little "imóveis" & "imóvel" look strong also.
For ex, br.yahoo.com use "imóveis". :confused:

Thx.

It's easy:
movel = movable (like in telemovel = tele + movel = mobile phone) tele is from a distance, like in tele + vision)
i + movel = does not move
i + movel + s = plural
i + mo + biliária = deals with imoveis