PDA

View Full Version : Is it .com only for you, or are other tld's acceptable ??

alexd
15th February 2008, 09:28 PM
Been doing some random searches the past week or so for a variety of words in different languages.

Literally every top keyword I checked for in many languages was 99% taken in .com, and about 50% of the time taken in .net as well.

In cases such as this, would any of you guys bother to register any other of the extensions, such as .org, .info or .tv when you find the name available ??

I know in the ascii world, .com is king, and would agree that it is also kind in the IDN world ( as well as the local language tld being used ).

So, if you find a decent keyword that is available in extensions other than .com, do you go ahead and register them ?? I have found a couple of nice Polish keywords that are available as .nets, .orgs and .infos, and am currently on the fence as to whether its worth registering them.

Is it .com or nothing for you guys ??

I ask, as I am trying to expand to IDN portfolio, which at the moment is probably about 75% Greek and 25% everything and anything else.

Any thoughts or views would be most welcome.

Alex

bwhhisc
15th February 2008, 10:32 PM
Beside .com, I like .net for Arabics in particular, also .cn and best of class IMO- .jp

Currently, I get more offers on .jp domains than anything else.

Drewbert
15th February 2008, 10:51 PM
varies according to target language, income potential and strength of the keywords involved.

mulligan
15th February 2008, 10:53 PM
I would only consider extensions other than .com, .net if they were top level names .. having said that I wouldn't be surprised if other extenisions take off .. I have some .biz ... for example ... which I will be keeping

bwhhisc
15th February 2008, 10:55 PM
varies according to target language, income potential and strength of the keywords involved.
Agree with that, particularly strength of keyword.

mgrohan
15th February 2008, 11:41 PM
Don't mind .net, .org, .biz.
Coming so late to the game, haven't had a choice to pick up quite a few extensions other than .com
I think if it is a top level name, it is worth it in most extensions.

sunsei21
16th February 2008, 12:11 AM
.com .net cctld and .tv are my mainly what i look for .info .org is a case by case basis so is .tv for the most part :) but i must say i love my .coms

markits
16th February 2008, 01:37 AM
Com, jp, net, cn, biz, org.

htmlindex
16th February 2008, 02:42 AM
I'm quite suprised that some of you are recommending IDN.biz! ASCII names in .biz don't sell for much, why would you buy IDNs in .biz?

mgrohan
16th February 2008, 03:00 AM
I'm quite suprised that some of you are recommending IDN.biz! ASCII names in .biz don't sell for much, why would you buy IDNs in .biz?

I only buy .biz with plans to develop those domains. Else i try to stay away.

tee1
16th February 2008, 03:14 AM

My impression was that Japanese natives registered quite a few of them, which may serve to deliver good publicity and they may actually develop some of them. I am not sure if I have ever been to an ascii.biz website or seen one advertised. I would not be surprised if some the Japanese.biz names regged are put to use by locals. :) whoops maybe I should have kept that to myself I am hoping there will be a $x sell of biz names like there was with .ws. :p

tee1

mulligan
16th February 2008, 03:26 AM

Top tier terms

Prodigy
16th February 2008, 04:21 AM
gTLD:
.com
.net (only for Korean and Japanese names)

ccTLD:
.cn
.jp
And I need some .kr....

Muhammad Mustafa
18th February 2008, 12:06 AM
gTLDs: .com all the way for all languages, .net sometimes and in particular anytime for Arabic, Farsi, Japanese and Russians as well, away all the way from .org, .info, .biz even with gold ones, only .tv when a top tier name and GEOs
ccTLDs: .cn, .jp, .kr and .ru whenever comes