PDA

View Full Version : My 1st Italian & Russian names!

htmlindex
23rd February 2008, 09:51 AM
I've just regged my 1st Italian & Russian names. Was wondering if those are the right translations & what you guys think. Am I heading in the right direction?

proprietà.net (xn--propriet-6ya.net) - Property in Italian (Google Trends)
согласия.com (xn--80afqknre7i.com) - Concerts in Russian (No Google Trends)

The funny thing is that the .com & the .biz is taken for proprietà, but the .net was available. Probably someone decided to let the .net expire.

I'm really not sure about the Russian one at all as Google Images doesn't really correspond accordingly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sunny
23rd February 2008, 10:44 AM
I dont know from where did u translated "согласия", in fact the translation of "concert" for it is correct but is in the meaning of "agree upon".

concert:
n. musical performance; coordination; harmony
v. arrange, agree upon; plan together, arrange together

Besides "согласия" is in not in standard form, but in one of the grammatical forms of "согласие".
I think that it is not good domain.

khurtsiya
23rd February 2008, 07:15 PM
согласия is drop, agree with Sanakreon

htmlindex
24th February 2008, 05:43 AM
I dont know from where did u translated "согласия", in fact the translation of "concert" for it is correct but is in the meaning of "agree upon".

concert:
n. musical performance; coordination; harmony
v. arrange, agree upon; plan together, arrange together

Besides "согласия" is in not in standard form, but in one of the grammatical forms of "согласие".
I think that it is not good domain.

I thought that it didn't look too promosing. I used Babelfish to do the translation. Thanks for the comments on the Russian one, I'll drop it.

What do you guys think about the Italian one, a definate keeper?

tee1
24th February 2008, 01:33 PM
I thought that it didn't look too promosing. I used Babelfish to do the translation. Thanks for the comments on the Russian one, I'll drop it.

babelfish is not great, I would find another translator, check idntools.net or idns.ws
also search for the word in google to see if it is used alone, especially if its a Russian word, can also check ovtUS when up as well.

always better to learn and return :)

tee1

davnin
24th February 2008, 05:30 PM
I've just regged my 1st Italian & Russian names. Was wondering if those are the right translations & what you guys think. Am I heading in the right direction?

proprietà.net (xn--propriet-6ya.net) - Property in Italian (Google Trends)

The funny thing is that the .com & the .biz is taken for proprietà, but the .net was available. Probably someone decided to let the .net expire.

proprietà.net is good domain, unfortunately in Italy the most important TLD are .it (which doesn't allow IDN) and .com, not .net. So I think you'll have zero type-in.
Probably the best thing is to develop it or to sell it to someone who can develop it.

Rubber Duck
24th February 2008, 05:51 PM
babelfish is not great, I would find another translator, check idntools.net or idns.ws
also search for the word in google to see if it is used alone, especially if its a Russian word, can also check ovtUS when up as well.

always better to learn and return :)

tee1

Actually, it is pretty much all HERE:

http://www.dnlocal.com/resources-p8.html

and if it is missing we will add it!