PDA

View Full Version : proprietà.net (xn--propriet-6ya.net) - Property in Italian

htmlindex
24th February 2008, 07:16 AM
I've just regged my 1st Italian name. Was wondering what you thoughts are on this name & the value of it.

proprietà.net (xn--propriet-6ya.net) - Property in Italian (Google Trends)

The funny thing is that the .com & the .biz is taken for proprietà, but the .net was available. Probably someone decided to let the .net expire.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

htmlindex
3rd March 2008, 12:09 PM
Any comments?

Jay
3rd March 2008, 12:48 PM
Yes, that's a very good name, even as a .net. Well done!

htmlindex
4th March 2008, 08:03 AM
Thanks. As I said, I was actually suprised that someone dropped this name.

touchring
4th March 2008, 08:38 AM
For reasons i'm not sure of, maybe due to lower significantly type-in, latin dot nets tend to be less popular.

jacksonm
4th March 2008, 09:06 AM
For reasons i'm not sure of, maybe due to lower significantly type-in, latin dot nets tend to be less popular.

Less popular than what?

htmlindex
4th March 2008, 10:10 AM

Sorry, I'm confused. Is Italian & Latin related to each other? Aren't they 2 seperate languages?

mgrohan
4th March 2008, 10:37 AM
Sorry, I'm confused. Is Italian & Latin related to each other? Aren't they 2 seperate languages?

Latin as in based on A,B,C alphabet.. not Chinese, Korean, Russian etc that use different alphabets.

touchring
4th March 2008, 10:41 AM
Less popular than what?

As compared to dot com or cltd to be more precise. :)

It might vary across languages, but generally speaking, the stronger the ctld, the weaker the .net. Take for example, .net is quite weak for German.

mgrohan
4th March 2008, 12:08 PM
It might vary across languages, but generally speaking, the stronger the ctld, the weaker the .net. Take for example, .net is quite weak for German.

.it is definitely very strong in Italy, so this may apply a bit to your domain. But yes, it is a very good keyword.

htmlindex
6th March 2008, 06:27 AM
Thanks for all your comments, it is greatly appreciated!

davnin
6th March 2008, 07:39 AM
.it is definitely very strong in Italy, so this may apply a bit to your domain. But yes, it is a very good keyword.

Note that it is not possible to register IDN domains which have the .it TLD