PDA

View Full Version : is it safe to say?

alibuba
25th February 2008, 08:52 AM
is it safe to tell people about idns now or should i shut my mouth for the time being until the outcome of aliasing?

im really eager on letting everyone now about this so we gain more publicity but i don't want competion with idn.idn if we don't get them.

what are peoples thoughts on this and if you are already spreading word how are you doing it.

Rubber Duck
25th February 2008, 09:23 AM
When IDN.IDN come out there is going to be massive publicity. Why do think I want them out now? Neither you or anybody else has a cat in hells chance of picking up primary terms.

is it safe to tell people about idns now or should i shut my mouth for the time being until the outcome of aliasing?

im really eager on letting everyone now about this so we gain more publicity but i don't want competion with idn.idn if we don't get them.

what are peoples thoughts on this and if you are already spreading word how are you doing it.

alibuba
25th February 2008, 09:44 AM
When IDN.IDN come out there is going to be massive publicity. Why do think I want them out now? Neither you or anybody else has a cat in hells chance of picking up primary terms.

but thats all obsolete if there is so much confidence that somehow we will get our counterpart .idn extension correct.

your saying that we will not get aliasing?

Rubber Duck
25th February 2008, 05:48 PM
but thats all obsolete if there is so much confidence that somehow we will get our counterpart .idn extension correct.

your saying that we will not get aliasing?

I think it is highly likely we will get Aliasing, and I think dot com holders will get the rights over the relevant extensions.

I also think that IDN ccTLDs will be valuable, but I doubt if you will get them. Many here seem to be holding back thinking that they are going to clean up when the likes of dot RF emerges. I have a job to avoid pissing my pants when I hear this.

What is out there is all you are going to get a fair crack at. Even Hindi IDN in .in are going to be virtually impossible to register simply because of the hype that will proceed them. Even if you could satisfy all the rules, you will almost certainly lose anything really good to some kind of local DRP.

Basically, there are those that got luck and hoovered up the drops and new registrations 2 or 3 years back. There are those that getting wise and picking up bargains quietly in the aftermarket under the cover of Non-Disclosure Agreements. And then there are those that are going to be completely fucked!

Jay
25th February 2008, 06:40 PM
I agree with the Duck's assessment.

Also, you will belong to one of two camps - those wanting to tell people because they think they are sitting on a golden portfolio and have run out of budget for purchases, or those who keep silent while they quietly amass their gems. Which way you go will depend on where you currently sit.

Rubber Duck
25th February 2008, 06:45 PM
I agree with the Duck's assessment.

Also, you will belong to one of two camps - those wanting to tell people because they think they are sitting on a golden portfolio and have run out of budget for purchases, or those who keep silent while they quietly amass their gems. Which way you go will depend on where you currently sit.

Yes, I agree with that. But what I am seeing is traffic earnings rising a lot faster than serious acquisition activity. So the whilst the second lot Twist, the original holders are likely to Stick, and soon the next card is going to drop and the dealer will shout Bust!

Jay
25th February 2008, 07:03 PM
Yes, I agree with that. But what I am seeing is traffic earnings rising a lot faster than serious acquisition activity. So the whilst then second lot Twist, the original holders are likely to Stick, and soon the next card is going to drop and the dealer will shout Bust!

RD, just trying to translate your Black Jack terminology (okay, twist and stick = hit or stay). So if you have the cards you play it cool. Otherwise, you be more adventurous or head for the nearest exit. Gambling 101. It's like around here, the old hands sit quietly at the auction table while the new players go wild - it's the nature of the game. Personally, I like a bit of excitement.

Rubber Duck
25th February 2008, 07:10 PM
RD, just trying to translate your Black Jack terminology (okay, twist and stick = hit or stay). So if you have the cards you play it cool. Otherwise, you be more adventurous or head for the nearest exit. Gambling 101. It's like around here, the old hands sit quietly at the auction table while the new players go wild - it's the nature of the game. Personally, I like a bit of excitement.

What people don't understand, and what the analogy doesn't really tell you is that that we are gambling with more than one commodity. We are trading money for domains or vis-versa, but the other critical dimension in the whole equation as Einstein would have told you is TIME.

For most of us Premier ASCII domains are beyond our grasp at present. Soon for most that will also be true of IDN, although for a select few they will be trading on even terms with the best. This as ICANN has stated is going to be the biggest change to the Internet since its inception. It is a second but final chance. Screw it, and there will be no redemption.

Jay
25th February 2008, 07:17 PM
Yes, the waiting game continues. The dealer will soon turn his card over - won't be long now!

thefabfive
25th February 2008, 07:32 PM
...won't be long now!
That's my line. :)

alibuba
26th February 2008, 12:56 AM
Basically, there are those that got luck and hoovered up the drops and new registrations 2 or 3 years back. There are those that getting wise and picking up bargains quietly in the aftermarket under the cover of Non-Disclosure Agreements. And then there are those that are going to be completely fucked!

the more the merrrier as they say but i don't think that success will most definitly come to those that registered theirs that far back. i began registering names in about the beggining of 07, realized jap was mined then moved to my native language of arabic.

i agree about the people keeping a low key profile and amassing huge portfolios but for me im very happy with my portfolio although not nearly as large, if they make money i make money but not as much:p

bwhhisc
26th February 2008, 01:07 AM
is it safe to tell people about idns now or should i shut my mouth for the time being until the outcome of aliasing? im really eager on letting everyone now about this so we gain more publicity but i don't want competion with idn.idn if we don't get them. .
Tell everyone you know, just mention that there are still some unknowns as to all of the variations of idn that will
eventually be released. Tell them to read up and made up their own minds. And most of all, don't make any
absolute promises about ROI or profits.

blastfromthepast
26th February 2008, 01:29 AM
If you are launching commercial sites, just launch them. That is what Nissan and other big companies are doing. Go for it.

alibuba
26th February 2008, 02:33 AM
If you are launching commercial sites, just launch them. That is what Nissan and other big companies are doing. Go for it.

Who would you go to for serious development considering you can't speak the language. the only place i know of is here where some of you guys do develop but doesn't seem to be large scale.

Question are there any idn web development companies around. never heard of one.

the reason for this thread is because i came into contact with a technology savvy group of successful people who could have interest in idn. before anything came up i thought about the title of this thread. it all began with me looking for buyers.

Jay
26th February 2008, 05:06 AM
Tell everyone you know, just mention that there are still some unknowns as to all of the variations of idn that will
eventually be released. Tell them to read up and made up their own minds. And most of all, don't make any
absolute promises about ROI or profits.

Another piece of very good advice. Wise words my friend.

blastfromthepast
26th February 2008, 05:46 AM
Who would you go to for serious development considering you can't speak the language. the only place i know of is here where some of you guys do develop but doesn't seem to be large scale.

Question are there any idn web development companies around. never heard of one.

the reason for this thread is because i came into contact with a technology savvy group of successful people who could have interest in idn. before anything came up i thought about the title of this thread. it all began with me looking for buyers.

What languages are you interested in?

alibuba
26th February 2008, 05:50 AM
definitely arabic. because i speak the language and is the language i put most thought into idn wise. why do you ask?