PDA

View Full Version : Snapnames auction starts at 3pm PST

alpha
25th February 2008, 07:48 PM
i'll be in the DNL chatroom if anyone wants to join me to marvel at the ascii auction prices.

download the view software from here: https://www.snapnames.com/liveAuctions.do

starts at 3pm PST

BTW, the testers have been having fun.

http://www.idnplanet.com/webimages/sn.JPG

Drewbert
25th February 2008, 08:53 PM
>On-Line Auction Requirements
>
>Welcome to the SnapNames Live Auction Client Software setup. You must download
>and install this software if you plan to either watch or bid in upcoming on-line
>SnapNames Live auctions.
>
>
>Live Auction Software Requirements
>
>Microsoft Windows operating system
>Audio output
>Internet Explorer 6.0 (or newer) or Firefox 2.0 (or newer)

WINNERS!

alpha
25th February 2008, 09:16 PM
I've never understood Mac users, I mean sure the kit is sexy, sure the os is smarter and more intuitive, but why disadvantage yourself.. Everyone knows software is written for PCs and mostly is Mac compatible, but not ALL the time.

Sure if you have a specific need that only a Mac can technically do or as a 2nd piece of kit..

But if its just for day to day stuff why go thru all that drama of constantly checking if if x is Mac compatible

mdw
25th February 2008, 09:28 PM
It's not a political thing Alpha, like Win versus Mac. The real issue is that by installing this thing (probably an ActiveX control) you're willingly and knowingly putting a security hole on your machine, along with perhaps some nice malware or worse.

The times when most people need to install software these days are getting to be few and far between, depending what you use the machine for. They could have easily written this as a boring java applet for example, since your browsers already have the JVMs installed.

touchring
26th February 2008, 01:35 AM
I've never understood Mac users, I mean sure the kit is sexy, sure the os is smarter and more intuitive, but why disadvantage yourself.. Everyone knows software is written for PCs and mostly is Mac compatible, but not ALL the time.

Sure if you have a specific need that only a Mac can technically do or as a 2nd piece of kit..

But if its just for day to day stuff why go thru all that drama of constantly checking if if x is Mac compatible

Somehow i think many Mac users are either first time PC users (babes that seldom use computers) or Linux guys. Those used to Windows usually stick with Win32.

Drewbert
26th February 2008, 01:48 AM
I was on Windows for v1.0

Moved to Mac sometime during Win 3.1 / Win 95 and never regretted it.

Anyone who releases an auction system that needs Windows to run, in this day and age of web 2.0 (buzzword) needs their head read.

mulligan
26th February 2008, 03:49 AM
I was on Windows for v1.0

Moved to Mac sometime during Win 3.1 / Win 95 and never regretted it.

Anyone who releases an auction system that needs Windows to run, in this day and age of web 2.0 (buzzword) needs their head read.
Indeed .. fckuing stupid their tech guys can't code for any and all platforms (I am a M$ 'whore' though but been looking at some sexy Mac's recently .. need two monitors though ... :p!)

Having said that .. can't a Mac dual boot?

Drewbert
26th February 2008, 04:48 AM
I used to run 3 screens on my old G4 tower, but when I moved to an Intel-based iMac I had to downgrade to 2 screens. So I run a 2nd screen on my G4 laptop and have 2 computers and 4 screens on my desk.

mulligan
26th February 2008, 05:17 AM
I use a shitty Toshiba lappy as a third screen .. but a royal pain in the arse if trying anything to do anything "serious" ... :)

clipper
26th February 2008, 09:41 AM
I wouldn't do anything that requires a download or a login on my PC.