PDA

View Full Version : Are you Buying Any Stock in Flowers.mobi ?

thegenius1
26th February 2008, 03:45 AM
You can own part of Flowers.mobi

I just found out about a new site today called FUSU.com, at least it's new to me. Not sure how long it's been around.

I joined and checked around the site, and found it to be very much like a stock exchange, except it has to do with buying shares in domain names.

Three of the domains that were interesting to me were eel.com, warning.com and flowers.mobi.

It seems like once a domain is submitted, the owner determines the total number of shares and the entry price per share. For example, flowers.mobi has a total of 250,000 shares with 37,500 of these available for public buy-in. Minimum buy-in price is $1.00, but you can bid higher to make sure you get some shares.

http://dotcadomains.blogspot.com/2008/02/you-can-own-part-of-flowersmobi.html

alpha
26th February 2008, 06:39 AM
http://www.fusu.com/fusu-regulations/fusu-certified-registrars.html

"The first registrar to join this program is EuroDNS, Fusu's strategic partner."

i'm looking for the hidden 5% wanker charge, but can't find it in the small print yet :rolleyes:

thegenius1
26th February 2008, 06:48 AM
http://www.fusu.com/fusu-regulations/fusu-certified-registrars.html

"The first registrar to join this program is EuroDNS, Fusu's strategic partner."

i'm looking for the hidden 5% wanker charge, but can't find it in the small print yet :rolleyes:

LMAO !

alpha
26th February 2008, 06:55 AM
LMAO !

aside from the EuroDNS part...

it's actually a smart idea and the interface is slick.

What they need is for the big names that people can't afford today to buy outright, to get listed. i.e Travel<dot>com

thegenius1
26th February 2008, 07:00 AM
aside from the EuroDNS part...

it's actually a smart idea and the interface is slick.

What they need is for the big names that people can't afford today to buy outright, to get listed. i.e Travel<dot>com

Yeah you are right , very nice interface and idea. Some Killer names would be awesome to get a small piece of.

What they have now just doesn't make the grade for me.

clipper
26th February 2008, 07:40 AM
Pretty interesting stuff. With the half-sale of sex.com and the small number of investors in this pool, I'd like to see what a real premium dotcom would go for "per share" on the open market.

Problem is, of course, the IPO is all you're interested in, and if that doesn't make the grade, you have no reason to really market the domain and find a seller.

markits
26th February 2008, 07:51 AM
Nope

touchring
26th February 2008, 07:59 AM
flowers.mobi, eel.com? Doesn't sound appetizing to me. :o

Wot
26th February 2008, 08:48 AM
Anybody want to snap up 扶苏.com for when they move in to Chinese IDN ;)

touchring
26th February 2008, 09:03 AM
Fusu
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fusu (Chinese: 扶蘇; pinyin: fúsū) (died 210 BC) was the first son of the First Emperor of China, Qin Shi Huang, and hence the heir apparent. He believed that society would be impeccably run if everyone shared perfect knowledge (omniscience).

After being deceived by two alchemists while seeking prolonged life, Qin Shi Huang ordered more than 460 of them in the capital to be buried alive in the second year of the proscription, though an account given by Wei Hong in the 2nd century added another 700 to the figure. Fusu counselled that, with the country newly unified, and enemies still not pacified, such a harsh measure imposed on those who respect Confucius would cause instability. [1] However, he was unable to change his father's mind, and instead was sent to guard the frontier in a de facto exile.

Moreover, after the secret death of the First Emperor, Fusu's youngest brother, Huhai, together with two high officials Zhao Gao and Li Si, forged the First Emperor's decree to rename Huhai as the successor and order Fusu to commit suicide. Some aides of Fusu doubted the veracity of the decree, but Fusu either did not believe someone would dare to forge the decree or, with good reason, feared being killed anyway, and he committed suicide.

He had a son Ziying who was made Emperor of Qin after Zhao Gao forced Huhai to commit suicide later in 207 BC. By that time, Li Si had already been eliminated by Zhao Gao. Ziying soon killed Zhao Gao. Some scholars pointed out that Fusu's son might be too young to plot the demise of Zhao Gao. The First Emperor only lived to about 50. Fusu might only lived to his 30's. There is a controversy that Ziying was not Fusu's son.[citation needed]

Rubber Duck
26th February 2008, 09:41 AM
If flowers.mobi has been divided into shares in this way, I would only conclude that the owner is reconciled to the fact that it is worthless!

You can own part of Flowers.mobi

I just found out about a new site today called FUSU.com, at least it's new to me. Not sure how long it's been around.

I joined and checked around the site, and found it to be very much like a stock exchange, except it has to do with buying shares in domain names.

Three of the domains that were interesting to me were eel.com, warning.com and flowers.mobi.

It seems like once a domain is submitted, the owner determines the total number of shares and the entry price per share. For example, flowers.mobi has a total of 250,000 shares with 37,500 of these available for public buy-in. Minimum buy-in price is $1.00, but you can bid higher to make sure you get some shares.

http://dotcadomains.blogspot.com/2008/02/you-can-own-part-of-flowersmobi.html

Wot
26th February 2008, 10:33 AM
If flowers.mobi has been divided into shares in this way, I would only conclude that the owner is reconciled to the fact that it is worthless!

Or , ahead of the game again and recognises another opportunity to make money ;)

touchring
26th February 2008, 11:58 AM
i think i agree, carving out shares means losing total control rights - this itself is a big loss. I can't imagine people putting up good names, at least for now. LOL.

Jay
26th February 2008, 12:26 PM
i think i agree, carving out shares means losing total control rights - this itself is a big loss. I can't imagine people putting up good names, at least for now. LOL.

Well they keep control with a minimum 55% ownership with the option to sell, but there are conditions.

My main concern with the Fusu model at the moment is security (particularly for share-holders). As a concept, though, I'm all for it and I think it has a bright future IMO.

TonyP
26th February 2008, 12:46 PM
I read in the mobi forum postings that flowers.mobi was 'sold' as a result of shill bidding for $200k

yanni
26th February 2008, 01:40 PM
I read in the mobi forum postings that flowers.mobi was 'sold' as a result of shill bidding for $200k

??? Shill bidding? That's a new twist to the conspiracy theory.

jose
26th February 2008, 02:38 PM

Can I short sell it?! :)

Rubber Duck
26th February 2008, 04:47 PM
Or , ahead of the game again and recognises another opportunity to make money ;)

Well if you think so go for it!

lipps
26th February 2008, 08:52 PM
Intresting concept.
I put 20 bucks into it. Minimum paypot for an account is $50.
Looks like they got .21 cents for 21 dollars. That could be big bucks if it goes really high.
Did not put into ,mobi. That would be a loosing cause.
Only a few domains listed.
Will watch and see what happens

TonyP
26th February 2008, 08:55 PM
Unregistered shares.
Ponzi scheme

npcomplete
26th February 2008, 09:49 PM
I try to invest in appreciating assets, so I will pass. I do like the earlier comment about selling short. I might have been tempted to go long on a *quality* non-mobi domain. OTOH, never underestimate the power of delusional pricing in bubble markets.

touchring
27th February 2008, 01:58 AM
I try to invest in appreciating assets, so I will pass. I do like the earlier comment about selling short. I might have been tempted to go long on a *quality* non-mobi domain. OTOH, never underestimate the power of delusional pricing in bubble markets.

For domains, i pay 20 cents on a dollar at the most. I will buy a domain at 20 cents if it can be flipped for at least $1. I think many here are also doing the same.

Rubber Duck
27th February 2008, 05:43 AM
For domains, i pay 20 cents on a dollar at the most. I will buy a domain at 20 cents if it can be flipped for at least $1. I think many here are also doing the same.

As most INDs are going for about one thousandth of their ASCII equvialents, that is a pretty meaningless statement.

Your average IDNer is a window shopper, that ain't never going to make the scene.

Wot
27th February 2008, 07:24 AM
Well if you think so go for it!

Prefer to own my .mobi's outright., when are they going IDN ? :)

mulligan
27th February 2008, 07:41 AM
May or may not be a smart move .. time will tell .. rather put a few bucks in .asia .. and wouldn't touch that with a barge pole .. (Just my opinion)

Prefer to own my .mobi's outright.,

Oh .. what if they decide it's now a premium .. take it away from you .. refund you the reg fee and put it up for auction .. have a 'server crash' and then re run it ... :p

thegenius1
7th March 2008, 03:21 AM
It's Been Nice Knowing You dotMOBI

"Jobs says Apple has 28% of the smartphone market. More incredibly: the iPhone represents 71% of U.S. mobile Internet usage. “For the first time you really have the Internet in your pocket,” Jobs declares."

http://fragerfactor.blogspot.com/2008/03/its-been-nice-knowing-you-dotmobi.html

touchring
7th March 2008, 03:41 AM
Like computers games, how many played space invaders? Today, we got xbox, 3D, internet gaming.

Not many people want to surf on crappy phones and interface - i don't, waste of my time.

Rubber Duck
7th March 2008, 06:52 PM
It's Been Nice Knowing You dotMOBI

"Jobs says Apple has 28% of the smartphone market. More incredibly: the iPhone represents 71% of U.S. mobile Internet usage. “For the first time you really have the Internet in your pocket,” Jobs declares."

http://fragerfactor.blogspot.com/2008/03/its-been-nice-knowing-you-dotmobi.html

Where have all the flowers gone, long time passing?
Where have all the flowers gone, long time ago?
Where have all the flowers gone?
Young girls have picked them everyone.
Oh, when will they ever learn?
Oh, when will they ever learn?