PDA

View Full Version : 钞票.net (cash ) for sale

markits
28th February 2008, 02:36 PM
钞票.net for sale. Simp Chinese. Means "cash" -main term, or "money" -verbal term.

BIN $350.

It doesn't matter if you don't buy it, but at least click this link to get excited. http://images.google.com/images?q=%E9%92%9E%E7%A5%A8&um=1&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&start=20&sa=N&ndsp=20

unregistered
28th February 2008, 03:35 PM
cash = 現金
banknote = 钞票

markits
29th February 2008, 12:43 AM
Apparantly you know something. But it's a pity you use traditional Chinese, which means you are not from mainland China.

In mainland, 钞票 is the primary term refer to cash or banknotes or money in one's pocket, that people can use directly to buy something. It is the "hard copy" of cash or money in western standard.

現金 is the term of "cash" against "credit". It is the general term for "available non-credit money" that people can spend or available, on hand or in a bankcard/bankaccount. However, creditcard usage is not popular, only 5% of the bankcards are creditcards in China. The majority of Chinese people even do not own or use any bankcards. The term 钞票 for cash is more frequently used and appreciated in people's daily life.

现金: 流动性极高的资产的合称,包含手头现金(硬币和钞票)、短期存款及其他极易变现的流动资产。

bwhhisc
29th February 2008, 09:33 AM
Apparantly you know something. But it's a pity you use traditional Chinese, which means you are not from mainland China.

In mainland, 钞票 is the primary term refer to cash or banknotes or money in one's pocket, that people can use directly to buy something. It is the "hard copy" of cash or money in western standard.

現金 is the term of "cash" against "credit". It is the general term for "available non-credit money" that people can spend or available, on hand or in a bankcard/bankaccount. However, creditcard usage is not popular, only 5% of the bankcards are creditcards in China. The majority of Chinese people even do not own or use any bankcards. The term 钞票 for cash is more frequently used and appreciated in people's daily life.

现金: 流动性极高的资产的合称,包含手头现金(硬币和钞票)、短期存款及其他极易变现的流动资产。

I am not questioning your explanation, but am now mystified why the huge disparity in google trends between the two terms.
Seems that the most popular Simplified Term against the most popular (same) term in Traditional Chinese would score way more.

markits
29th February 2008, 10:24 AM
I am not questioning your explanation, but am now mystified why the huge disparity in google trends between the two terms.
Seems that the most popular Simplified Term against the most popular (same) term in Traditional Chinese would score way more.
I noticed this before.
As I said, 钞票 is more a verbal term more frequently used in peoples daily life. 现金 is more a formal term usually used more often in financial documents.
In my home province Zhejiang now the richest place in China, the word 钞票 simply means "money", and when people talks about money in their life, they always use the word 钞票. Interestingly though, on nearly all written document, this 钞票 word is rarely used. Instead, people use 钱.

http://google.com/trends?q=%E7%8E%B0%E9%87%91%2C%E7%8F%BE%E9%87%91%2C%E9%92%9E%E7%A5%A8%2C%E9%92%B1&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

GT 現金 & 现金, the trad and simp shows similar trends, indicating this term in China is relatively much less significant in China than in overseas, which due to the reason that the banking system in China is not that advanced yet and most people do not have the concept of "cash vs credit" as you guys and "unregistered" have.