PDA

View Full Version : 3407.70$ Rpm?

Pete
3rd March 2008, 04:37 PM
I have a domain (French) that got three visits and one click, at 10.22$. RPM = 3407.70$.
I occasionally get 2-3$ clicks on domains, but this is something else.
The domain is a slang term with nothing out of the ordinary on the parked page.
How can that be?

The one time I heard of very exagerated RPM was for the pig.com reversed hijacking attempt.

touchring
3rd March 2008, 04:53 PM
I have a domain (French) that got three visits and one click, at 10.22$. RPM = 3407.70$.
I occasionally get 2-3$ clicks on domains, but this is something else.
The domain is a slang term with nothing out of the ordinary on the parked page.
How can that be?

The one time I heard of very exagerated RPM was for the pig.com reversed hijacking attempt.

is this nd or sedo?

Pete
3rd March 2008, 05:07 PM
NameDrive

So, anybody else ever get a 10$ click on a name, or is this just a fluke/ND error ?

khurtsiya
4th March 2008, 05:12 AM
Never got even $5.

touchring
4th March 2008, 05:41 AM
NameDrive

So, anybody else ever get a 10$ click on a name, or is this just a fluke/ND error ?

I get about 8000 french clicks a month, but I don't think i've seen a $10 click - i don't check domain by domain, but a $10 click will surely distort the overall enough for me to take notice.

My thoughts are that even if a $10 click is possible, ND will take a big cut themselves, leaving you with only $2-3.

But one thing, from my findings, for some weird reasons, the more clicks you got for a name, the lower the RPM. So, if you got a name that rarely gets clicks, it might be possible to have unsually high rpm for the few clicks you do get once in a while.

Rubber Duck
4th March 2008, 05:55 AM
Yes, but click are keyword related as most of yours come in off one domain 8K clicks is still a very unrepresentative sample.

You are right about the number of clicks and their value being related. Something to do with market forces. But then you know all about markets!

I have never had $10 clicks but the assumption they will automatically be reduced to $2 is false as $5 clicks are not that unusual in my experience.

mulligan
4th March 2008, 12:01 PM
No $10 clicks here either .. Sheesh .. if I do get one I will take the wife out to dinner .. buy her some of those shoe things she's obsessed with .. put a down on that bungalow I've my eye on .. maybe even buy that new car .. If I have any change left .. :p