PDA

View Full Version : Transferring .jp from Japanese registrar to jp-domains

Ryu
5th March 2008, 02:56 PM
I am thinking of selling some of my IDN.jp on the forum. But, one problem is that all my .jp names are currently at my value-domain account and I believe most of you are using jp-domains.

I know there is a way to transfer .jp names from value-domain to jp-domains, but I don't know how complicated it is and how long the transfer process takes...

Most of my .jp names are under one registration number, so I understand that if I want to transfer just one name, that name has to be renewed by a receiptent. Am I correct about this?

If anyone here has an experience buying a .jp name from a user of Japanese registrar and receiving it at jp-domains, could you please explain how easy it is? One thing I am pazzled about is the lack of authentification key for .jp domains. I wonder what method is used by the system to verify the original owner of a .jp domain...

alpha
5th March 2008, 04:33 PM
I do it all the time.
Just email Michael at jp Domains support, he'll sort you out. There's no charge.

mdw
5th March 2008, 05:23 PM
It was difficult for me to transfer some from onamae to jp-domains, not because Michael wasn't helpful but onamae seemed to make me fill out a form (not in English either) over and over again, once for each domain being transferred.

jacksonm
5th March 2008, 05:26 PM
Domains can be transferred from value-domain to jp-domains in under an hour if there is a real urgent need.

I had a mass of domains transferred a few months ago and it only took a few hours.

Ryu
6th March 2008, 01:23 PM
my thanks to alpha, mdw and jackson for your comments.

so basically, if i want to transfer a .jp name to jp-domains after the sale is completed, i first get an account number of the buyer, then contact Michael and ask him to start transferring my name from the value domain account to the buyer's jp-domains account?

and there'd be no charge, so the name won't be automatically renewed?

it's that simple?

jacksonm
6th March 2008, 02:26 PM
my thanks to alpha, mdw and jackson for your comments.

so basically, if i want to transfer a .jp name to jp-domains after the sale is completed, i first get an account number of the buyer, then contact Michael and ask him to start transferring my name from the value domain account to the buyer's jp-domains account?

and there'd be no charge, so the name won't be automatically renewed?

it's that simple?

JP-Domains doesn't require a renewal during a transfer. However, you do need to do something from within value-domain before the transfer can go through. I transferred all of my domains, so I simply gave my value-domain username and password to Michael and he logged in there and did it for me. I don't know what, though.

Just email him, he can tell you what you need to do.

Ryu
6th March 2008, 02:34 PM
Thanks!!

And once domains are at jp-domains, is it easy and instant to move them around across account names? Just like how you can do with .coms at domainsite, etc?

jacksonm
6th March 2008, 02:36 PM
Thanks!!

And once domains are at jp-domains, is it easy and instant to move them around across account names? Just like how you can do with .coms at domainsite, etc?

Sort of easy, they have a bit strange transfer method.

You need to edit the contact info and do something similar to this in one of the fields:

transferto:accountname

Ask them in the mail.

alpha
6th March 2008, 03:35 PM
this is apparently what you need to do.. don't ask me any questions.. i have no idea..

For transferring domains from value domain, you will need to approve an email sent to your email account.

For transferring domains from 21-domain, you will need to pre-select our registrar "AGNT-1643 Taka Enterprise Ltd." for each of your domains before we request the transfer.

or as Michael says, like i did too, you can just pass over your login details and let it happen by magic

websjapan
7th March 2008, 12:08 AM
i moved a domain from muumuu a while ago - very painless in fact i was surprised at the minimal amount of paperwork involved.

micheal initiated the transfer request, muumuu sent me an email and i authorised the transfers from the muumuu site. boom finished.

now if only everything else in japan could be simplified...

Ryu
7th March 2008, 05:00 AM
Thanks again to all for posting information.

I'm gonna email jp-domains and ask, then.