PDA

View Full Version : What is the next ccTld to pick up idns in

lipps
5th March 2008, 09:58 PM
So .com .net .biz all the very high premiums are gone or almost nill. Yes I did get a few. Glad I found this place early.
If you were going to gamble on the future, what ccTld would you invest for single characters?

thegenius1
5th March 2008, 10:02 PM
So .com .net .biz all the very high premiums are gone or almost nill. Yes I did get a few. Glad I found this place early.
If you were going to gamble on the future, what ccTld would you invest for single characters?

THIS one follow the link >> Dot JP (http://www.jp-domains.com/jpn/view.php?id=2787)

lipps
5th March 2008, 10:22 PM
I can see the value in .jp But single characters are a whole other world. With so many the value will most likely drop even with the mass market. One must be very selective and most are now gone as well.
Say we look at
.cc
.tv
.pl
etc.....

bwhhisc
5th March 2008, 11:35 PM
I can see the value in .jp But single characters are a whole other world. With so many the value will most likely drop even with the mass market. One must be very selective and most are now gone as well.
Say we look at
.cc
.tv
.pl
etc.....
Listen to the Genius...he was pointing you on the best gold mine.
Stay away from (most possibly) wasting your money on .cc, .ws, etc.
Maybe a few .tv if you have some killer keywords, or plan to develop.

Other than that, I would go for .jp, .cn, .net....and hopefully you can still find a few good .com.

sunsei21
6th March 2008, 02:32 AM
.ws is definitely better than .com buy all those u can find then .cc .pro and idn.travel should be out in a few yrs so plan to get in early when those gems come out :)

lipps
6th March 2008, 03:13 AM
I remember when the .ws goldmine came out Had those premium .ws names going for 5 to 20k and you could become a reseller.
I think I am going to sink it all into .name I know in the future they will make a comeback and the loot will roll in .... ¿

mgrohan
6th March 2008, 03:29 AM
What is the next ccTld to pick up idns in

Only the correct ccTLDs that correspond with the language of the registered domain, cn, hk, tw (for Chinese), jp for Japanese characters etc..

All the others like .ws .cc .la etc are toss if they do not match the language IMO.