PDA

View Full Version : Are the bots out? Traffic surge on Japanese IDNs.

idnowner
11th March 2008, 01:54 AM
I've had about 6 times my normal traffic today on my Japanese IDNs. I've seen similar surges in traffic in the past few months - so I'm guessing some type of bot or spider is hitting the domains.

Anyone else seeing extra activity today? And why does this happen? I'm guessing maybe someone running a program to see if domains resolve or something like that?

gammascalper
11th March 2008, 02:00 AM
Not only Japanese -- I see it across quite a few languages.

Traffic up about 3x for me, but CTR down proportionately, so looks like a bot.

Fka200
11th March 2008, 02:31 AM
I think I have some bot traffic today. Annoying.

Ryu
11th March 2008, 02:36 AM
Increased traffic to my Japanese IDNs are not from Asia but mainly from Europe.
As such, they mean nothing to me.

yanni
11th March 2008, 02:42 AM
Seems to be from here? readrun dot com

Fka200
11th March 2008, 03:37 AM
Seems to be from here? readrun dot com

Just noticed that also, LOL!

markits
11th March 2008, 04:09 AM
Bots are definitely there but the real typins are happening too. I have domains at ND that suddently get many search hits, eg, one domain gets the following search stats today:
郵便局ホームページ 19

郵便貯金 18

郵便局郵貯ホームページ 11

郵貯インターネットサービス 2

小銭貯金 1

貯金通帳 1

郵便貯金ネットバンク 1

郵便貯金ぱるる 1

郵便貯金振込み 1

郵貯インターネット 1

振り込み 1

郵貯ホームページ 1

The problem I can see is that there lack of relevant ads with the ND system. The above domain did not receive any click through after so many searches.

touchring
11th March 2008, 05:12 AM
Yes, this is a problem of ND for japanese, korean and chinese names. They display english links and this is a sure give away and trashes CTR.

ND is using adsense, so i don't understand why they can't display full japanese ads and text links.

Namedriver, are you around??? :)

Bots are definitely there but the real typins are happening too. I have domains at ND that suddently get many search hits, eg, one domain gets the following search stats today:
郵便局ホームページ 19

郵便貯金 18

郵便局郵貯ホームページ 11

郵貯インターネットサービス 2

小銭貯金 1

貯金通帳 1

郵便貯金ネットバンク 1

郵便貯金ぱるる 1

郵便貯金振込み 1

郵貯インターネット 1

振り込み 1

郵貯ホームページ 1

The problem I can see is that there lack of relevant ads with the ND system. The above domain did not receive any click through after so many searches.

Rubber Duck
11th March 2008, 08:07 AM
We have had massive activity across the board. It has been ongoing for days.

I think it must either be Yandex indexing or a German speculator testing to see what is taken.

Whatever the cause it is interesting as it shows more and more interest in IDN, thus indicating that the balloon is about to go up.

Japanese is increasing. Still the prime suspects time after time, but I have always been convinced that my limited traffic on parked domains is type-in and it is now growing again.