PDA

View Full Version : What are your biggest mistakes?

Ryu
18th March 2008, 02:43 AM
Since you started IDNing, what have been the biggest mistakes you made?

In my case, I shouldn't have bought 100+ .net combos when there were still better names available...

Overall, I think I misused at least one thousand dollars... Learning costed some money.

Giant
18th March 2008, 03:05 AM
For everybody:

-The biggest mistake is you did not risk making mistakes regging more good names when they were still available.

-The second biggest mistake is you did not acquire good names from the after-market when prices were still low but regged lots of junks instead.

-The third biggest mistake is you still keep renewing junks.

alibuba
18th March 2008, 03:06 AM
my first few idns. besides that nothing really.

Wot
18th March 2008, 04:18 AM
For everybody:

-The biggest mistake is you did not risk making mistakes regging more good names when they were still available.

-The second biggest mistake is you did not acquire good names from the after-market when prices were still low but regged lots of junks instead.

-The third biggest mistake is you still keep renewing junks.

Still plenty of good names in the aftermarket at good prices but buyers are few and far between.

Hopefully the majority of my junk regs will be drastically reduced in the coming months.

mgrohan
18th March 2008, 05:07 AM
Few too many .biz in Chinese when first started but only 20 or so.. Few words poorly researched in the beginning..

All in all not too many mistakes/regrets here.

Pity i didn't stumble across IDNs sooner, but then that is not just IDN specific.. (Wish i stumbled across domains in general earlier)

phio
18th March 2008, 06:30 AM
1. regging too many great names with poor extensions .ws .info .biz

2. using google translator

3. regging expired idns that I thought meant something

4. '-' in japanese idns

5. a few nonsense koreans

6. and a couple of n--'s instead of xn--'s

Ross
18th March 2008, 07:12 AM

No, that is the biggest headache of those who got in too early and can't handle renewals - that they can't get newcomers to buy their overpriced, mediocre names.

There is still a massive amount of good stuff out there. Think how Frank felt when he was buying ASCII, then multiply that across 50 or so languages.

touchring
18th March 2008, 07:39 AM
My biggest mistake - i didn't start immediate when i saw RD post about IDNs. Waited 2 weeks, that was somewhere in mid-Nov 05. This mistake must have cost me a hundred gems. :p

Second biggest mistake, when i could buy shenzhen.com for $3500 in Jan 2006, i hestitated for 1 day, so i lost the name.

Jay
18th March 2008, 08:11 AM
Until this all plays out, hard to know what are and are not our biggest mistakes.

Rubber Duck
18th March 2008, 11:27 AM
No, that is the biggest headache of those who got in too early and can't handle renewals - that they can't get newcomers to buy their overpriced, mediocre names.

There is still a massive amount of good stuff out there. Think how Frank felt when he was buying ASCII, then multiply that across 50 or so languages.

You talk a good act!

Ross
18th March 2008, 12:43 PM
You talk a good act!

You're right. Time to get back to work.

lipps
18th March 2008, 04:03 PM
I still keep making them..... anyone want to buy a few :)
oh yeah thats right there is still ebay

Rubber Duck
18th March 2008, 04:10 PM
Without doubt my biggest mistake was totally under-estimating the stupidity of others.

xxbossmanxx
18th March 2008, 04:14 PM
Yawn

lipps
18th March 2008, 04:22 PM
There was a chicken and a horse playing together in a barn yard.

Suddenly the horse falls into a pit. He yells to the chicken, "Go
get the farmer, save me, save me!!!"

The chicken goes looking for the farmer but can't find him. So he
gets the farmer's BMW and drives it over to the mud pit, lassos
the horse, ties it to the car and pulls him out. The horse says,
"Thank you, Thank you, I owe you my life..."

Then a couple days later they're playing again and this time the
chicken falls into the mud pit and the chicken says, "Help me Help
me!!! Go get the farmer!!!"

So the horse says, "No No No, I think I can get you." The horse
stretches across the mud pit and tells the chicken, "Grab onto my
dick." The chicken grabs on, the horse stretches back, and the
horse saves the chickens' life.

So whats the moral of the story???

If you have a dick the size of a horse then you don't need a BMW
to pick up chicks.

Rubber Duck
18th March 2008, 07:27 PM
Yawn

Didn't specifically have you in mind, but weren't you the one that could only do a few new reggies because you were desperate to pay top dollar for your own bit of sub-prime real-estate?