PDA

View Full Version : Google starts to lock out foreign domainers

Ross
19th March 2008, 04:48 PM
Yes, I predicted it would happen in 2008.

At this time, the Terms and Conditions are only available in one language per country -- whatever is determined as the legally binding language. As such, you might see that the Terms and Conditions are displayed in a language different from your Google interface.

You can read our updated Terms and Conditions in a different language, but please keep in mind that the Terms will vary according to the country or territory of your payment address. If you select a different country, the Terms and Conditions you see may not be identical to those appearing in your AdSense account, and therefore may not apply to you.

Does anybody other than me see a big problem with them having different T&C per country? I predict it won't be long until you can only display ads on sites where the language matches that of the country of your payment address.

Rubber Duck
19th March 2008, 05:33 PM
Don't be a Muppet. Terms and Conditions must vary as Laws and Taxation systems vary. If Google doesn't charge VAT in the EU, it breaking the law, but its US customers are going to get a bit peeved if they have to pay European taxes. I guess globally, there are likely to be a few other examples!

Yes, I predicted it would happen in 2008.

Does anybody other than me see a big problem with them having different T&C per country? I predict it won't be long until you can only display ads on sites where the language matches that of the country of your payment address.