PDA

View Full Version : النصر and القصر

Ross
23rd March 2008, 11:10 PM
What is the difference in meaning between

النصر

and

القصر

I had in my notes that the first one is "al-nasr" (TheVictory), and the second one is "al-qasr" (ThePalace). They have both started receiving daily traffic lately, and I'm wondering if people are confusing one with the other by typing mistakes, etc.

Muhammad Mustafa
26th March 2008, 05:57 PM
your translation is right dude :)
النصر = The Victory
القصر = The Palace
and I don't think it can be a typing mistake because:
- each have a totally different meanings which can't meet at all
- they have the same letter expect ن & ق which are NOT near in keyboard at all, in the standard keyboard ن will be the key (k - 4th from right in the middle row) and ق will be the key (R - 4th from left in the top row). see :)

for the traffic, no events, products ...etc in the previous period of time related to both names can cause this traffic, I assume it to be the natural growing on Arabic IDNs traffic lately.

What is the difference in meaning between

النصر

and

القصر

I had in my notes that the first one is "al-nasr" (TheVictory), and the second one is "al-qasr" (ThePalace). They have both started receiving daily traffic lately, and I'm wondering if people are confusing one with the other by typing mistakes, etc.

Ross
26th March 2008, 06:08 PM
your translation is right dude :)
النصر = The Victory
القصر = The Palace
and I don't think it can be a typing mistake because:
- each have a totally different meanings which can't meet at all
- they have the same letter expect ن & ق which are NOT near in keyboard at all, in the standard keyboard ن will be the key (k - 4th from right in the middle row) and ق will be the key (R - 4th from left in the top row). see :)

for the traffic, no events, products ...etc in the previous period of time related to both names can cause this traffic, I assume it to be the natural growing on Arabic IDNs traffic lately.

Thanks for an excellent explanation.

Fka200
26th March 2008, 06:22 PM
I also found one of them in the SERPs yesterday. Don't remember which one ;)

Ross
2nd April 2008, 03:27 PM

السفارة.net

This one has also become very popular over the past month. Any idea why? What are people looking for?

Muhammad Mustafa
2nd April 2008, 10:38 PM

السفارة.net

This one has also become very popular over the past month. Any idea why? What are people looking for?

السفارة is the prime translation of Embassy
if the name got popular, maybe it appears in SERPs for any local Google site? any country opened for emigration nowadays? can't really determine, but the point is: you have a right prime translation and people interested it, that is what we need :)

Ross
3rd April 2008, 12:54 PM
Thanks, man.

I'm just curious when a domain that previously didn't get traffic all of the sudden starts getting daily traffic and revenue. If I remember right, somebody laughed at me back in November when I registered embassy.com and embassy.net! Strangely enough, the dot net is more popular than the dot com.