PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question about ND landing pages

alpha
29th March 2006, 10:11 AM
Ok, I've read these threads in the parking section.. and I still can't find an answer to my question.

I'm getting some traffic to my parked IDN's, but of course virtually no clicks

I'm well aware the traffic could be other IDNer's checking names etc..

my question.. if I am in Japan, and typein one of my names, what do i see?

Am i presented with a landing page in my own language?
are the ads in my own language?

because typing them in, in the uk, I get english. Is it all determined by where your IP originates from or not?

If the answer is yes, are all languages supported like this or just some?

:confused: :confused:

Edwin
29th March 2006, 10:35 AM
You'll see English except on the very, very rare occasion where an advertiser on English-language Google Adwords has keyed a Japanese language ad to an English keyphrase. That's exactly why the clicks are so low...

Olney
29th March 2006, 10:37 AM
Currently with all the parking services you see English Ads.
This is currently a problem across board....

I'm in Tokyo & haven't seen any except perhaps it one that doesn't allow IDNs that allows that if you are in Japan it shows Japanese ads...

I got a good feeling that changes will be coming soon. somewhere....:p

Edwin
29th March 2006, 10:41 AM
I got a good feeling that changes will be coming soon. somewhere....:p

Yes, me too :)

Rubber Duck
29th March 2006, 10:57 AM
Clicks are way down, but I am getting some Hyper Clicks on Russian for US traffic, after doing a bit of work on my categories!

The run away winner is xn--h1aaiackg.com or миллион.com (million.com)

touchring
29th March 2006, 12:29 PM
Last 24 hrs, I tested sending about 1.000 local unique visitors and only 5% got through the clicks and ave. per click was 0.15 U$.

How did you test sending 1000 local unique visitors? 0.15 U$ by the way is a lot.

Rubber Duck
29th March 2006, 02:39 PM
Looks impressive, but is this one of those situations that is going to evaporate after the 48hr normalisation. If not it might be worth a go. Can you screen dump again in 7 days?

Drewbert
29th March 2006, 05:35 PM
Be careful - IIRC a lot of PPC providers get upset if you push unnatural traffic to a page intended to only be seen by natural type-in's and SE searchers.

touchring
29th March 2006, 06:13 PM
I open this account at trafficz.com 40 hrs ago.... :)

and I will make another shot after 7 days... I will stay there for a while...but 8 $ for 1,000 visitors are way low earning....

Average of 0.15$ for Korean is many times more than namedrive and sedo, that's for sure. ND pays like only 0.03$ for traffic from a Korean translator domain i got.

Anyone else tried traffiz.com with other languages? Looks very promising indeed. btw, does anyone knows where Trafficz get their ads from? Yahoo? Google?

blastfromthepast
3rd April 2006, 11:06 AM
Clicks are way down, but I am getting some Hyper Clicks on Russian for US traffic, after doing a bit of work on my categories!

The run away winner is xn--h1aaiackg.com or миллион.com (million.com)

Nice! I've got миллионы.com millions, and миллиард, billion.

I've seen Russian language ads sometimes with English keywords, but we need name drive to start serving multilingual ads.

I've also seen a page full of all Korean language ads, but the domain name wasn't Korean at all. Maybe namedrive was in the middle of testing something?