PDA

View Full Version : Romance language IDNs

generical
28th November 2005, 12:22 PM
I think you guys should create a section for romance language IDNs. I know for a fact that many Brazilian and Spanish speaking people type using the accents. There is likely to be some traffic, payment capable traffic, with these idns. The simplest thing with idns you can do is to set your keyboard to international and then you can type in these languages and in english. Spanish in particular is a huge language and all by itself will likely be a big idn market. Romance language IDNs are also imo much easier to appraise generally especially in english/international based forums because we have some exposure to those languages, we understand the characters and the names could actually be checked without the accents - while foreign scripts are difficult for the avergae english speaking person to appraise for example - who knows what it means if you can read it in the first place, have the character set installed etc and are motivated to research it to give an accurate appraisal.

I wouldn't overlook them just becaue they don't use a unique script.

Olney
28th November 2005, 01:23 PM
I'm not going to overlook any particular aspect of the IDN market but I'm going to seperate forums as content develops. By request I already create a MSN & Browser forum that doesn't have any post & likely will be taken away soon.

What I'm going to do is this for specific languages if there is sufficient post in the General Section I will create a forum & move the post.

generical
28th November 2005, 01:44 PM
Sounds good.