PDA

View Full Version : Chinese e-mail. Need some help.

sarcle
30th November 2005, 12:21 AM
I think I may have recieved an offer on a chinese idn. I really don't know. I know this is a newbie question but how do I change the font to make my hotmail readable/or translatable. Every thing looks like chicken scratchings nothing in symbols or anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Adam.

Olney
30th November 2005, 12:59 AM
This is the process you are going to have to do...

Go to Hotmail options & I believe it's under personal options

The main thing is to remember where the settings are because you will have to change it back once it's in Chinese.

Chinese should look something like this
中国
This is Japanese but the characters should be the same.

I would recomment taking a screen shot of the screens.

When I use Hotmail I think this is the reason why I use it in Japanese.
If you are going to use a free client try testing out Gmail it might be more international friendly.

sarcle
30th November 2005, 01:31 AM
Thanks for helping. Well, it is one of my domains. I translated it and I still have know idea what it is saying. >:(

Translation sort of went like this.

"something, something, script, something, domain, untranslatable, 1600, online, something, carry, ect."

Hopefully that means the price of the domain and it's in dollars not yuan.

I am going to write back and basically say, "Huh?" Ask them if they will deal on sedo, and see where it goes.

Thanks again

Olney
30th November 2005, 02:23 AM
I believe IDNer is Chinese...
Some one on the board is Chinese...

IDNer
30th November 2005, 04:25 AM
I believe IDNer is Chinese...
Some one on the board is Chinese...

YES - I'm a Chinese in Taiwan.

If Sarcle could PM that "email" to me, I'll do my best to help you...

Rubber Duck
30th November 2005, 07:57 AM
I think I may have recieved an offer on a chinese idn. I really don't know. I know this is a newbie question but how do I change the font to make my hotmail readable/or translatable. Every thing looks like chicken scratchings nothing in symbols or anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Adam.

Probably just Chinese Spam. If you register dot CN then they send out a lot of information on Hosting.

I normally just cut and paste it into Google Language tools just to make sure I am not missing anything important.

I think you need to download it onto a system with Chinese Fonts installed. I use Thunderbird, which is IDN enabled anyway, so more than capable of dealing with this.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

sarcle
6th December 2005, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the help all. Apparently was just Chinese spam... ???

Rubber Duck
6th December 2005, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the help all. Apparently was just Chinese spam... ???

Well most of our assumptions are based on the Chinese experience mirroring that of the US. In that context evidence of Spam and even phishing are to be viewed in a positive light ;)