PDA

View Full Version : 5 Ways to Make More Money with Domain Parking

IDNer
1st August 2008, 04:38 PM
5 Ways to Make More Money with Domain Parking

August 1st, 2008

As domain parking revenue drops, sitting around and complaining won’t do you any good.

Ask just about any domain owner and they’ll tell you domain parking revenue is down this year. There are a number of factors contributing to this, including changes by ad providers Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) and Yahoo (NASDAQ: YHOO). There are more changes on the way, too.

So what can you do about it? Here are five ways you can reinvigorate your domain name parking earnings.

1. Take advantage of parking company promotions. Since just about every good domain portfolio is parked, the domain parking companies are fighting between each other for your business. They’re getting creative with bonus offers. DomainSponsor has generous bonuses for people who keep their domains with them. RevenueDirect is currently offering a 100% revenue share for one month to new parking customers, too.

2. Test a different parking company. Parking companies all think they’re the best in the business, but most will admit that they can’t monetize every domain perfectly. Some domains perform better with one company compared to another. If you have foreign traffic, you’ll probably find a Google-based parking company to perform better (depending on the country). Google powers Sedo , DomainSponsor, and NameDrive among others. Regardless, try shaking things up with some of your domains that get low click-through rates by trying new keywords or testing them with a different parking company.

3. If you earn more than $200 a month, consider SedoPro. Sedo offers a special program for people parking 200 or more domains or earning $200 a month. It pays out better than the regular Sedo program. There are some cool perks, too — like attending the Sedo Pro Partner Forum each year. To join SedoPro you need an endorsement code. If you qualify, send an email to andrew (at) domainnamewire.com and I’ll send a code to you.

4. If you earn more than $10,000 a month, consider Bido ’s PortfolioHelp. Bido launched a new program called PortfolioHelp that assists larger domain portfolio holders with bargaining for better payouts.

5. Try an automated site development platform. Domain parking works, but automated site development services can help you get search engine traction and potentially more revenue. Two examples are WhyPark and EvoLanding .

http://domainnamewire.com/2008/08/01/5-ways-to-make-more-money-with-domain-parking

mkellerman
3rd August 2008, 08:08 AM
How do people monetise Japanese domains -- these seem to do badly with parking

bwhhisc
3rd August 2008, 01:14 PM

There isn't a whole lot of traffic yet to most Japanese names at least in my case. In the last few months traffic has noticebly picked up in certain niches, particularly adult names, sports and online game related sites. Other than parking, as far as I know there is only adult affiliate sites.

On the plus side, I have been able to get a lot of my Japanese names to serve up ads, and namedrive has some decent stuff. Match HEADER "Asian" with template "Canvas 2" has been decent.

Or on right side under TEMPLATES: "Business" (has female Asian biz exec) and other favorites again under TEMPLATES: "Electronics" and "Ringtones". To serve up ads I use keyword DVD a fair amount, since there is a DVD for about every topic in the universe.

rhys
3rd August 2008, 02:43 PM

Quite to the contrary, I'd say Namedrive monetizes Japanese domains quite well. Provided you are using the right keywords.

Ryu
3rd August 2008, 04:57 PM
Quite to the contrary, I'd say Namedrive monetizes Japanese domains quite well. Provided you are using the right keywords.

My CTR at NameDrive was 15.10% in July at average PPC of US$ 0.14. How was yours?

I did optimisation.

Rubber Duck
3rd August 2008, 07:19 PM
My CTR at NameDrive was 15.10% in July at average PPC of US$ 0.14. How was yours?

I did optimisation.

Well, we have never had PPC anything like that low and we have done no optimisation.

rofsjan
3rd August 2008, 07:45 PM
I tried Sedo and Namedrive for my russian domain names.
Some of my russian domains perform great at Namedrive without any optimization.
I remember that other russian idn owners were positive about SedoPro.

Feel free to add other domain parking companies, which monetize russian domains well.

I haven´t seen russian idn´s parked at Russian parking companies.
Their pages are hosted in Russia and that could attract more traffic to your idn's.

Ryu
5th August 2008, 12:36 PM
Well, we have never had PPC anything like that low and we have done no optimisation.

i don't mind low PPC as long as there is enough traffic. in july my japanese names had 6419 views and 969 clicks at namedrive. it's still low but the number is growing.

gammascalper
5th August 2008, 07:28 PM

I did optimisation.

For Japanese names last month, mine was very similar to yours: % 20.87 US$ 0.14

I did no optimization, just using default domain name as keyword.

Ryu
6th August 2008, 05:34 AM
For Japanese names last month, mine was very similar to yours: % 20.87 US$ 0.14

I did no optimization, just using default domain name as keyword.

interesting to hear you have 20% CTR without optimisation. i guess you have overall good keyword names. i have quite a few non-commercial names and those perform pretty bad even with optimisation.