PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the "new"....IDNForums.com

bwhhisc
26th September 2008, 02:15 AM
Greetings and welcome to the "new" IDNForums.com. By "new" I refer to:

- A "new" team of experienced server and vB forum Administrators, led by Drew, Bram, and Sergey. (Drewbert, Bramiozo, and Glownames).

-A "new" dedicated IDNF server with mirrored hard drives and 24/7 systems support. **We appreciate your patience this first week as we have undergone the task of restoring the entire database onto the new vB, and are adding new modules and upgrades daily.
In addition the database is still undergoing some tweaking and UTF8 conversions behind the scenes.

-A "new" upgraded version of vBulletin has been installed and the IDNF database loaded onto with a host of new features, restoration of "old" threads, and more features to be added soon. There is some amazing history and interesting reading here, so take some time and enjoy.

-The "new" and perhaps most requested addition.... making the forum UTF8 compliant so you can soon search the forum in most international langugages and scripts (unicode).

-A "new" Moderator team, including Mo, Tim, Seamus, Ryu, Steve Epstein, Gary, and Jerry. (thefabfive, tee1, Seamo, Ryu, sbe18, Alphamale, BurnsInternet).

-A "new" attitude and dedication to run IDNF in a professional and businesslike manner. We have a large and capable staff to help you out any way we can, and keep things the forums running smoothly.

All in all, there are over a dozen Partners and members helping in a myriad of ways with our "new" IDNForums. We welcome each and every member to help contribute and most importantly to bring their friends over to be a part of this vibrant community. If you want to help out in any way, just drop any of the mods a pm.

THE PURCHASE OF IDNF-
I have had a lot of emails about this, so here is the quick and dirty.
The journey to acquire IDNF began many months ago, inspired by the many conversations and e-mails among friends and fellow IDNers who wanted to try and rekindle IDNF and bring back some of the fun and comaraderie we enjoyed during the first few years of IDNForums. Once the agreement to buy the forum was underway, the next step was to put together a team of experienced partners, managers and staff to provide the management and technical skills needed to keep the servers and database operating smoothly, and also capable Moderator coverage to handle the day to day forum operations and maintain a professional atmosphere.

Contrary to any rumors, there is no get rich quick scheme here, just the hopes to create a fun and vibrant IDN forum, and help be a part of the greater IDN community in educating domainers and end users about multi-lingual domains. Our goal is to help grow the IDN market as interest builds to navigate the web in native, non-English languages. We have summed that up with a simple mission statement:

IDNFORUMS- MISSION STATEMENT
Our goal is to provide a professionally run forum for IDNers from around the world to join together in sharing information, creating international friendships, and providing a marketplace for buyers and sellers to create business opportunities together.

So...c'mon around and visit and enjoy the "new" IDNF. Invite your friends to visit, and above all encourage everyone to support ALL of the domain forums and help spread the word about IDNs. There is not a more exciting time to be involved with idn.idn rollouts coming in 2009, and browser support in most countries finally getting up to speed to support IDNs.

Comments and suggestions on the forum, and especially the UTF8 conversion are welcome. We are by no means done, so give the guys a chance to finish working the bugs out. A huge effort has gone into revamping the forum and restoring the database and restoring a great archive of reading and history. There are still some additional modules to be installed on the vB, one being the homepage most are used to looking at. Over the next few days, you will see most of that implemented. If you have technical questions or suggestions, please send them to Drew, Bram, or Sergey. Thanks again to everyone that helped unselfishly with all of these efforts. We look forward to the exciting times ahead are glad to have you here.

Steve Clarke
26th September 2008, 02:21 AM
Best Wishes...Bill and Team!

clipper
26th September 2008, 05:06 AM
Congrats.

phio
26th September 2008, 06:31 AM
wow! quite a line-up! I can't tell if it's the James Gang or the Dalton Bros!

Congrats, and looks like just in time for the upsurge in IDN marketability. ::)

I wonder who will be the first to ask 'where's Olney?' ?

mdw
26th September 2008, 08:35 AM
Quite an undertaking Bill, luckily it sounds like you have the rock stars on board...

IDNer
26th September 2008, 08:51 AM
Congrats to all IDN investor - http://www.idnforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Welcome Back!

mgrohan
26th September 2008, 08:53 AM
Congratulations on the revamp. Good news for all IDNers :)

markits
26th September 2008, 08:55 AM
Welcome guys!

I have been here all the time, and haven't seen this place be crowded as this for many days. I guess I now need to find another quiet place....

Ryu
26th September 2008, 09:21 AM
I have been here all the time....

You were stubborn as hell! :)

But, seriously, welcome back to everyone from all of us who stayed on.

We missed you.

tee1
26th September 2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks to Bill and everyone on the Admin team !
Great job, 2 thumbs up.

good to be home :)

tee1

JamesZ
26th September 2008, 05:37 PM
Good to see IDNF is back!

khurtsiya
26th September 2008, 05:40 PM
Hallo!

Shishigami
26th September 2008, 06:24 PM
Thanks for a new forum! And good luck in realisation of your noble mission!!
PS: It seems to me that the old structure of the first (HOME) page of the forum was more convenient

bwhhisc
26th September 2008, 07:04 PM
Thanks for a new forum! And good luck in realisation of your noble mission!!
PS: It seems to me that the old structure of the first (HOME) page of the forum was more convenient

That is another module to be added to the vBulletin and others have requested the same. We will add that in the near future.

drbiohealth
26th September 2008, 09:55 PM
Not bad, Guys. Better late than never.

Appears the 'first mover advantage' never actually disappears...;).

Best of luck, IDNF team!

Rubber Duck
26th September 2008, 10:48 PM
Good work guys. :)

Wot
27th September 2008, 01:03 AM
Good luck guys- let's hope that the infighting and bickering are in the past and that too many cooks do not spoil the broth.

seamo
27th September 2008, 08:51 AM
An awesome effort has gone on behind the scenes to get this site up and running again, and congratulations are owed to a number of dedicated IDN'ers who have quietly and patiently invested time and money into resurrecting this forum. But being the modest gentlemen they are, there is no need to specifically name each, as I am sure individual accolades are not what they seek.

At the end of the day, the effort and dollars invested has been for the benefit of IDN's in general. This forum is a goldmine of information...it is indexed too well to let it slip into anonymity and neglect. It is a credit to Bill and his backers who have prevented it from becoming a haven for spammers and bots, and bringing back it to life.

As a member from back in 06 (and there are numerous here who joined earlier than that), it was with much regret I witnessed the apparent demise of the site under the previous owner. Yet with this fresh investment and dedication from the new team, the site will hopefully once again become a hub for domainers from every corner of the globe :)

Well done guys!

bramiozo
27th September 2008, 09:29 AM
Administrator at your service :) .

BandAid
27th September 2008, 09:33 AM
... (Drewbert, Bramiozo, and Glownames).
... (tee1, Seamo, Ryu, sbe18, Alphamale, BurnsInternet).

Thank you to you all, and wish you the best of luck.

JOHN
28th September 2008, 09:02 AM
Good News!

TrafficDomainer
29th September 2008, 10:04 PM
Glad to see IDNForums in professional hands. Congratulations to all!

thegenius1
29th September 2008, 11:51 PM
Home Sweet home :D

30th September 2008, 12:09 AM

:up:

bwhhisc
30th September 2008, 12:27 AM

Thanks Genius...and appreciate you renewing your Premium Membership.

thegenius1
30th September 2008, 12:52 AM
Thanks Genius...and appreciate you renewing you Premium Membership.

No prob , i did have my fingers crossed that the money was being sent your way and not ... you know lol

IDNCowboy
30th September 2008, 12:56 AM
No prob , i did have my fingers crossed that the money was being sent your way and not ... you know lol

Yep Olney's pockets ;)

thegenius1
30th September 2008, 12:59 AM
Yep Olney's pockets ;)

LOL speaking of him anybody know whats up with him ? Will he be participating in the new forum.

bwhhisc
30th September 2008, 01:21 AM
LOL speaking of him anybody know whats up with him ? Will he be participating in the new forum.

My guess is you will see Craig around at some time and he is certainly welcome here. He took on a new executive
career with one of the largest internet companies in the world, working in their search and advertising field.
The job seems to keep him working and traveling extensively throughout Asia.

sarcle
30th September 2008, 01:26 AM
Greetings and welcome to the "new" Administrators with dedicated hard modules to help you out any way we can. :eek:

I have had a lot of quick and dirty emails about this.

Contrary to any rumors, Our goal is to help Invite your friends to a more exciting time. :D

Congrats Bill good to see this car get a new coat of paint ; and a new engine with capable drivers behind the wheel. Hope you don't mind me condensing your original post.

Guess who's back? The Forums back tell a friend!

IDNCowboy
30th September 2008, 01:34 AM
My guess is you will see Craig around at some time and he is certainly welcome here. He took on a new executive
career with one of the largest internet companies in the world, working in their search and advertising field.
The job seems to keep him working and traveling extensively throughout Asia.

and why isn't he promoting idn? :)

bwhhisc
30th September 2008, 01:51 AM
Congrats Bill good to see this car get a new coat of paint ; and a new engine with capable drivers behind the wheel. Hope you don't mind me condensing your original post.
Guess who's back? The Forums back tell a friend!

Welcome Adam, and thanks for the nice words. Just to clarify, I am now one of many partners in this new venture. While I started this journey alone, I quickly realized it was going to take a lot more time and talent than I could ever provide to make IDNF truly successful. Along the way to closing on the purchase of the forum, many people shared the same goals and hopes to revive IDNForums as a place where all IDNers could visit, share information, meet friends, do business, have fun and most importantly feel at home. There are now a dozen owners and partners in this venture, some hands on out front and some are silent partners working behind the scenes.

Miguel
1st October 2008, 01:50 AM
Cool!:)

jose
2nd October 2008, 02:38 AM
Great news. Glad to be back.

I appreciate those who have moved the industry forward, increased the value of domains and thereby putting money in my pocket.

Past performance is important. Very Important.

Those who have succeeded and moved the industry forward deserve our thanks and our respect.

They have earned it.

They deserve enjoy the position they have earned.

I welcome all newcomers, and cheer for their success.

But I will not anoint them to the top of the pyramid until they have performed and proved themselves to be worthy of that position.

If the new guy proofs to be the best then, and only then, will we say “the king is dead all all hail the new king”.

Finally you should never hope, wish or even secretly be rooting for someones failure.

Someones failure will not help you, it will only hurt you and the industry.

Words above fit like a glove... but althought I subscribe them, they are not mine:
http://www.thedomains.com/2008/09/27/final-thoughts-from-traffic-dont-believe-the-hype/

dnnames
4th October 2008, 12:25 AM
WooHoo! Well done and thanks for all that has made this resurrection possible. Much appreciated.

grubstaker
5th October 2008, 01:08 AM
Indeed! :D

Muhammad Mustafa
8th October 2008, 05:02 PM
Well done Bill and all of you guys, good job. Welcome back everybody :)

Pete
9th October 2008, 02:39 PM
Félicitations! Nice to have it back.

Cheers

idnceo
29th December 2008, 04:16 PM
Wow, what a surprise after such a long time, finally Olney is gone! ^_^ / I also hope he leaves Japan as well as i dont want to see him in Japan :p:

Anyway, wanna say congrats on the great job! :up: I see the old familiar users @_-

Explorer
30th December 2008, 04:27 PM
Great job!

Giant
31st December 2008, 06:45 AM
Great! Let's re-start the engine to welcome idn.idn in the coming year and...

Wish All Good Luck in the New Year!

IDNer
31st December 2008, 04:20 PM
Great! Let's re-start the engine to welcome idn.idn in the coming year and...

Wish All Good Luck in the New Year!

在此也敬祝 Giant 兄 以及所有的 華人朋友 -
2009 新年快樂 事事如意 http://idnclub.com/images/smilies/handshake.gif