View Full Version : Korean Domain Forum

bwhhisc
26th September 2008, 09:24 PM
도메인동호회.com (Domain Forum.com)

Live site, looks like 278 members at:

http://www.xn--hq1bpb632aq8oqmrooa.com/

Rubber Duck
27th September 2008, 07:14 AM
Yep, whilst the future of IDN is extremely bright and things are just getting warmed up, the future is going to be extremely baffling for many of us Westerners. :)

idndrive
8th March 2013, 04:01 PM
korean domains forum
- 한글포럼.com
will be launched

jose
8th March 2013, 04:42 PM
Korean idn domain names have been dropping massively. And they don't sell here either. What are we missing?! cctld is king?

Jay
8th March 2013, 05:31 PM
Korean idn domain names have been dropping massively

I don't see many quality ones dropping at all. The only three I recall that dropped in the last year were 부동산.com (real estate for $xx,xxx), 노트북.com (laptop for $x,xxx) and 달력.com (calendar for $xxx). What others have dropped?

And they don't sell here either.
There's been no quality Korean names put up for sale here. Just the usual crap.

cctld is king?
I wouldn't bet against .한국 being very strong in Korea. But .닷컴 (.com) and .닷넷 (.net) should do okay. Time will tell.

idndrive
8th March 2013, 08:09 PM
koreans have knowledge of smart phone button[.com]
Now, korean domain reseller gather [idn].com domains. not .한국.
it spreads so quickly. that's trend in korea.

.한국 not strong. just so so.

Thanks

idndrive
8th March 2013, 08:17 PM
도메인포럼.com [DomainForum.com] will be launched, i got information ..
someone has IDNing.com & IDNaming.com for worldwide market.
i checked it..

Jay
8th March 2013, 08:28 PM
.한국 not strong. just so so.

Then why has .한국 been completely mined by Korean owners (and they're not cheap either)?

clipper
8th March 2013, 09:39 PM
도메인동호회.com (Domain Forum.com)

Live site, looks like 278 members at:

http://www.xn--hq1bpb632aq8oqmrooa.com/

Not "developed," I'd say forwarded, as it appears to be someone's Naver Cafe page:
http://cafe.naver.com/domin

Still, signs of life are springing up.

bumblebee man
9th March 2013, 12:14 PM
Korean idn domain names have been dropping massively.

You see more Korean names than Hebrew ones in the daily droplists because more of them are registered. The drop ratio is normal. Actually Korean registrations have grown from 89k (January 2012) to 93k (June 2012) according to mulligan's stats.

And many drops get picked up by natives quickly. I wonder why so few of them are here.

mulligan
9th March 2013, 02:37 PM
Actually Korean registrations have grown from 89k (January 2012) to 93k (June 2012) according to mulligan's stats.

Korean stands at 94.2k± as of the end of February 2013

Edit:

94.2k± .com
23.5k± .net

117.7k± total

idndrive
15th March 2013, 03:38 PM
because of Smart Phone..it has .com button but when .한국 is launched, Many Korean didn't know .com button.

But now, they recognized .com button. then, .한국 is just so so. .한국 will
be used by marketing tool or brand unification.

^^

Then why has .한국 been completely mined by Korean owners (and they're not cheap either)?

idndrive
15th March 2013, 03:39 PM
I don't trust Naver...so weird and distort internet market.

idndrive
15th March 2013, 03:41 PM
도메인동호회.com is too long IDN.
don't you think?
한글.com or 도메인.com - best
한글포럼.com, 도메이너.com or 도메인포럼.com - good

도메인동호회.com is not brandable. i think..looks like 축구동호회.com means soccer community..

domainguru
16th March 2013, 06:09 AM
You see more Korean names than Hebrew ones in the daily droplists because more of them are registered. The drop ratio is normal. Actually Korean registrations have grown from 89k (January 2012) to 93k (June 2012) according to mulligan's stats.

And many drops get picked up by natives quickly. I wonder why so few of them are here.

Most Koreans have pretty poor English language skills for a start. I have several Korean friends in Thailand and they speak terrible English, we end up talking in Thai, even though their Thai is pretty bad as well.

If Korean IDNs are successful, they will be discussed, bought and sold on a Korean language site, not IDNF. Can't win them all.

idndrive
16th March 2013, 08:02 PM
i agree with you domainguru. then, i make block with several IDNs.
That's why i will prepare for IDN business and Online Business.
for example; 네임즈.com is Names.com. these days it don't have much traffic. but in the near future, i will be marketable.

네임.com,네이밍.com and 도메인.com are registered by Registrars.
it is absolutely proof of blocking of market industry.

Maybe, Multinational Companies start to business using their own brands.
but they didn't know culture and language customs.
i think that they have to research and study more and more to do business in Korea.
Also domain market.