PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for "New" Namedrive Templates or Headers

bwhhisc
27th September 2008, 08:21 PM
Namedrive was pretty responsive to our request for an Arabic header, and came back in a few short weeks with a new Header to support Arabic IDN parking.

Any suggestions to Theme or Design anyone would like to see?

List them here, and I will pass them along to the appropriate folks at Namedrive.

My next choice might be another "Travel" template but exclusive to Asia with photos that depict
China, Japan, and Korea.

Anyone else....

phio
27th September 2008, 10:26 PM
Arabic Travel
Asian Travel
Asian Cuisine
Asian Fashion and Beauty

Weather Template

Game templates could be updated to show flash games

Group Classmate photos

Russian and Turkish Generic Templates

Ryu
27th September 2008, 11:34 PM
I really really want to have one language only option for RSS. All those English RSS for non-English names look terrible in SERP. That discourages ppl from clicking the parked pages at all.

With the one language only option I believe the traffic can increase many times.

bwhhisc
27th September 2008, 11:37 PM
I really really want to have one language only option for RSS. All those English RSS for non-English names look terrible in SERP. That discourages ppl from clicking the parked pages at all.

With the one language only option I believe the traffic can increase many times.

Ryu, explain that a bit more in detail so we can forward the information to the right party.

Ryu
28th September 2008, 12:16 AM
For example, if you click the link below, you'll probably see an ND parinking page called エステ.com on the top of SERP.

http://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=%E3%82%A8%E3%82%B9%E3%83%86.com&ei=UTF-8&x=wrt

However, everything you see is in English, right? As you can easily tell, those are Header and Left Menu of the page. I want those in Japanese and in Japanese only, so that wherever seach spiders come from they pick Japanese languages and not foreign language.

That's what I mean by one language only option. Am I clear?

Steve Clarke
28th September 2008, 02:50 AM
I appreciate the fact that an Arab page was made up...but I think the page could have been much better.
It looks dull...it could have some additional color added, and maybe some modern Arabian images included.
To me it looks like it was slapped together...just my opinion tho.

bwhhisc
28th September 2008, 11:11 AM
For example, if you click the link below, you'll probably see an ND parinking page called エステ.com on the top of SERP. However, everything you see is in English, right? As you can easily tell, those are Header and Left Menu of the page. I want those in Japanese and in Japanese only, so that wherever seach spiders come from they pick Japanese languages and not foreign language. That's what I mean by one language only option. Am I clear?

Very clear, that is a good suggestion for Namedrive. You are entirely correct, visitors would expect all Japanese. Just an FYI, what I am seeing is a combo of Japanese and English, but all Japanese ads served up in the main body. I agree, no English at all on the ad page would be nice. Here is what I see from the US for header and side bar, 9 out of the 10 ads displayed are 100% Japanese, one is English.

This is what I see on the left side, 5 English, 8 Japanese

Related Searches
Spas
Health Spas
Sauna
Massage
エステオイル
美容
脱毛
エステ化粧水
エステ脚
札幌
美容外科
マッサージ快足

Across the top...4 English, 2 Japanese
Related Searches: Spas Health Spas Sauna Massage エステオイル 美容

Rubber Duck
28th September 2008, 11:36 AM
Whilst all this is true, it is hardly worth getting out of bed to worry about Japanese type in at the moment.

Conversion of IDN seems reasonably respectable. The problem is lack of traffic in the first place in many languages.

I am not clear on how a lot of fancy templates is going to solve the problem or why any one would regard it at as commercial priority at this time.

bwhhisc
28th September 2008, 12:50 PM
Whilst all this is true, it is hardly worth getting out of bed to worry about Japanese type in at the moment.

Conversion of IDN seems reasonably respectable. The problem is lack of traffic in the first place in many languages.

I am not clear on how a lot of fancy templates is going to solve the problem or why any one would regard it at as commercial priority at this time.

Not sure, but costs nothing to try and only a few seconds to apply new templates to various language porfolios. IMO if the landing page has "eyecatching" photographs relevant to the search word, and there are relevant native language ads, seems the click rate should improve. Those .25 clicks can add up fast. :)

Hoping to see reports that IDNers start hitting x,xxx monthly Namedrive revenues in the next year. I would guess a few are probably already there.

Ryu
28th September 2008, 12:59 PM
Thank you Bill.

I appreciate your info. My experience is mostly same as yours. I also see the mixture of English and Japanese in the parked page. The ratio is a little different, but not as different as it's worth describing each one of them.

RD, it's not about type in. It's about SEO and click through rate of parked pages in SERP. Let me tell you again, although I know you don't believe me. Currently, most traffic to JDNs come from SERP and not from type-in.

BTW, what's woth how much effort depends on how much one is earning and expects to earn in the future from parked pages and how much it means to that person. One thing that is clear though is that you are far from content with your earning, which is too bad for you, but none of my or my friends' business to be honest.

Also, nobody expects you to go and negotiate with NameDrive on this matter. So, why don't you stay in your bed and keep quiet? Sure, you don't need to worry about anything. Good for you.