PDA

View Full Version : Chinese IDN is 8 Grader Text Books?

Prodigy
17th October 2008, 04:56 AM
I'm just patching this across from one of the threads in domain.cn

Althought I havent had time to explore the context of this posting, it seems that Chinese IDNs have found their way into an 8th Grade Assessment Book.

I can't seem to attach the file, but here is the link to the posting:

http://www.domain.cn/club/viewthread.php?tid=554765&extra=page%3D1

mgrohan
17th October 2008, 05:30 AM
Nice! Thanks for posting the link here.

Rubber Duck
17th October 2008, 06:05 AM
This is just one of the reasons that political support is important. IDN have this in spade while extensions like Mobi, ws and Me are frankly just blowing in the wind.

Prodigy
17th October 2008, 06:18 AM
This is just one of the reasons that political support is important. IDN have this in spade while extensions like Mobi, ws and Me are frankly just blowing in the wind.

Absolutely correct. If there is no relevance to the market, someone needs to drive relevance.

This is going to be particularly important for domains in local languages, whether we are talking about an established global brand like .com or an extension that is directly linked and established within a country like .cn

phio
17th October 2008, 06:25 AM
Love IT! Thanks for the link! :)

markits
17th October 2008, 06:35 AM
Saw the picture.
in a provincial technical textbook.
appeared in a quiz.

Rubber Duck
17th October 2008, 06:38 AM
Absolutely correct. If there is no relevance to the market, someone needs to drive relevance.

This is going to be particularly important for domains in local languages, whether we are talking about an established global brand like .com or an extension that is directly linked and established within a country like .cn

Yes, but with IDN, it is likely to be a question of a rising tide lifting all boats. It is unlikely that already high well established if not dominant gTLDs are going to get left out in the cold.

It seems to me though there is an intention across most of the interested parties to keep their powder dry and then launch this with something of an explosion rather than to have a slow burn approach.

Dot Com has an advantage relating to large corporations in terms of the work Verisign has already done on security certificates. As ever ICANN are a day late and a dollar short.