PDA

View Full Version : Namedrive's "secret" domain research tool

idnowner
21st October 2008, 03:09 AM
This is not really a "secret," but some may not have utilized this feature... In Namedrive stats, you can click on an individual domain, and on the screen that shows the stats for the domain, there's a "SETTINGS" button - when clicked, it shows user searches. I've been surprised that some of the popular searches people did were available as domain names.

One I found today is: ドメイン確認 (Check Domain) which had over 100 searches in the Namedrive stats, and the .com is available. However, a Google search comes up with only 1600 matches, so I decided not to get it. So, is "ドメイン確認" any good? (If so, feel free to reg it).

So - just a tip, if anyone hasn't utilized Namedrive's "SETTINGS" to research new domain names, it could be helpful.

Has anyone else here done this with any luck?

phio
21st October 2008, 05:30 AM
yes..It appears that....

The 'related searches' count is displayed. Also what the user types in the search bar. At least that's what it looks like they are reporting. :cool:

I have regged some idns this way also.

alexd
21st October 2008, 06:04 AM
Well I for one never knew about that at all. Just been checking it on some of my domains and the results are very interesting - a great tool to see what people are searching for.

Thanks for sharing

Alex

yanni
21st October 2008, 10:06 AM
Have regged a bunch of names based on "related searches".

alpha
21st October 2008, 10:34 AM
Have regged a bunch of names based on "related searches".

same here.

they are also useful for metatags etc if you build out a site

bwhhisc
21st October 2008, 12:36 PM
Nice tip, thanks.
Rep added :)

dnnames
21st October 2008, 01:06 PM
Did not know this existed. Thanks for the tip. Really interesting even if you don't find any worthwhile domains from the list.

idnowner
21st October 2008, 02:40 PM
same here.

they are also useful for metatags etc if you build out a site

Metatags... great tip!