4th April 2006, 08:19 PM
I've slowed down registering, but here are some of my latest Japanese:

コミケ.com comic-book market

トレッキング.com trekking

Anyone care to comment? Thx!

thefabfive
4th April 2006, 08:50 PM
Not bad at all.

コミケ.com - this looks like it could be 'comic convention'. Ovt around 10K.

トレッキング.com - I get a bunch of pictures of hiking for this one. Maybe a less used from of hiking? Ovt is a little low, but lots of ads on Google.co.jp. Max on bid tool is 27 Yen.

Don't know if this is saying much, but I would have probably registered both. :)

yanni
4th April 2006, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the input fab5.

Trekking seems to be getting a lot of popularity lately; at least in Europe. Plenty of tour operators offering guided tours.

Don't know about the Japanese market.

Edwin
4th April 2006, 10:48 PM
I don't know if it's also a trademark, but "Comiket" is a huge comic tradeshow organized several times a year. Hundreds of thousands of people go, many of whom sell their own comics and artwork there, which partially (at least) explains all the Google references.
http://www.comiket.co.jp/

yanni
5th April 2006, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the enlightening info Edwin.
So is the sound of the term I regged Comiket?

Here's what they have on their page:

"The names "Comic Market," "Comiket," and "Comike" (written in both Japanese kana characters and the Roman alphabet) have been employed as names for the doujinshi exhibition and marketplace organized and operated by Comiket Ltd. and Comic Market Preparations Committee since 1975. Doujinshis are self published books that are not widely distributed, i.e. fanzines.
The names we have listed at the beginning of this letter are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of Comiket Ltd., and these trademarks are valid in other nations as well."

Another one bites the dust...

Edwin
5th April 2006, 01:18 AM
Yes, what you registered is "komike" which is the made up Japanese term they have been using. Seems to be a contraction of "comic" and "market".

John W
5th April 2006, 01:48 AM
So what happens if one reg's a trademarked name? They send a letter from their lawyer and you push to their ownership?

yanni
5th April 2006, 02:04 AM
I personally let them expire. I don't want a letter from any lawyers :)

Edwin
5th April 2006, 02:35 AM
If possible, I recommend you find a way of deleting them. UDRP challenges can refer to other domain registrations by the same entity to try and demonstrate a "pattern" of abuse, so why provide that kind of potential ammunition?

yanni
5th April 2006, 02:37 AM
I'm not sure if domainsite provides for that. I'll have a look.