PDA

View Full Version : Let's save Estdomains together!

Varchenok
18th November 2008, 05:29 PM
Dear friends,

If you are interested in Estdomains' future and your domains
registered via Estdomains, you can vote "for" or "against"
visiting www.stopicann.net.

You can also find there "I CANN STOP" international manifesto,
leave your comments and you can also give us an additional support.

We are strong when we are together!
Only together we can save Estdomains!
WE CAN STOP ICANN!

IDNCowboy
18th November 2008, 05:31 PM
Dear friends,

If you are interested in Estdomains' future and your domains
registered via Estdomains, you can vote "for" or "against"
visiting www.stopicann.net.

You can also find there "I CANN STOP" international manifesto,
leave your comments and you can also give us an additional support.

We are strong when we are together!
Only together we can save Estdomains!
WE CAN STOP ICANN!

Estidomains is as evil as Verisign and ICANN..

kinda ironic ICANT is going after these guys

Rubber Duck
18th November 2008, 10:07 PM
I might show some solidarity with other Domainers if they demonstrated an alignment of interest. I am unlikely to cry any tears over a Registrar, and certainly not Estdomains.

mulligan
27th November 2008, 10:59 AM
ICANN: 281,000 Domains to be Transferred from EstDomains to Directi

An estimated 281,000 domain names held by EstDomains will be transferred to ICANN-accredited registrar Directi Internet Solutions following the termination of EstDomains' registrar accreditation yesterday.
Customers of EstDomains will be contacted directly by Directi and receive notice of the transfer plus instructions for continued management of their names. There will be no cost to the registrants for this transfer.
EstDomains was informed on 28 October 2008 that ICANN was terminating the company's accreditation due to its president's conviction for credit card fraud, money laundering and document forgery. ICANN stayed that termination following correspondence with EstDomains. However, after further investigation, ICANN decided to go ahead with the termination, effective yesterday, 24 November 2008.
In accordance with the De-Accredited Registrar Transition Procedure, ICANN put out a request for statements of interest from registrars interested in receiving a bulk transfer of the names formerly managed by EstDomains.
As part of that procedure, EstDomains is permitted to designate a gaining registrar. It chose to use that option and identified ICANN-accredited registrar Directi. ICANN reviewed that request and approved it.

Drewbert
27th November 2008, 05:13 PM
And if you don't want your domains at Directi (because they suck as badly as ESTdomains, you have to wait 60 days because ICANN says the 60 day wait after Registrar transfer STILL applies.

mulligan
27th November 2008, 06:58 PM
What are the odds on Vlad-The-Impaler and Bhavin having a cosy little chat ... seeing as how EstDomains nominated Directi and ICANN in their infinite wisdom approved it?

Drewbert
27th November 2008, 07:11 PM
Crazy.