PDA

View Full Version : ChilliBeans.com UDRP

mulligan
24th November 2008, 12:46 PM
So Frank lost this domain to an eye-ware company.

http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/decisions/html/2008/d2008-1216.html

later777
24th November 2008, 01:06 PM
This was a lost battle all along

Jay
24th November 2008, 01:49 PM
If he had have developed something substantial on that site related to food rather than just parking it, Frank would still have that domain now I guarantee you.

sunsei21
24th November 2008, 01:58 PM
if what i read was right the fact that ads for tat company showed up at some point was a big nail in the coffin but dev is not the answer when you have hundreds of thousands of names and why would he take that step to develop that particular name if he did not know it was not completely a safe bet.

Fka200
24th November 2008, 02:01 PM
dev is not the answer when you have hundreds of thousands of names

Exactly. A lot of people mention that he should have had this developed or something. With the amount of names he has, how would he know which name is being targeted and which to develop in order to save his @$$. I think what really really did it is the extra "L"... but what sucks is that they actually used ALEXA TRAFFIC DETAILS in this:

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/chillibeans.com (Traffic from Brazil).

Freakin' ridiculous. I call BS on this UDRP. He should get to keep the name.

nikel
24th November 2008, 02:29 PM
What if you develop a site on identical to the TM generic domain, slap an adsense skyscraper on it, and the TM company then buys a spot on your adsense scraper? You end up with their TM being advertised on your domain. Will they be able to use that as a proof of TM abuse?

later777
24th November 2008, 02:40 PM
That was not a generic domain. He would not have a problem with Chili Beans.

Rubber Duck
24th November 2008, 05:17 PM
That was not a generic domain. He would not have a problem with Chili Beans.

You can't simply blame it on the fact that Americans can't spell. :p

Miguel
24th November 2008, 06:57 PM
We use the Oxford Dictionary to squish the cucaracha

phio
24th November 2008, 09:02 PM
We use the Oxford Dictionary to squish the cucaracha

A 30-ounce hammer works on the small ones, need a vice for the big ones

Miguel
25th November 2008, 03:22 AM
Well, those we use to hammer domainers when they reg TM'd names

Rubber Duck
25th November 2008, 04:55 AM
If this goes to court, they are going to have to prove that FS is a Trademark infringer.

Will it go to court? Can FS really allow anyone to think that all they have to do is register a Generic TM and then file for UDRP? I don't think so!