PDA

View Full Version : NameDrive RS go live

Aidan_from_NameDrive
28th November 2008, 03:54 PM
Hi everyone,

NameDrive have been working with some of the active members here on IDNforums to get our Related Searches translated into even more languages. We realise the importance of the IDN market and this just shows again that we are willing to implement ideas that you guys have.

Our own Mr Blogs was very happy to see the new RS go live: http://blog.namedrive.com/?p=370.

With the help of Ryu, Yanni, Alexd, Selldom, Rosjan, Glownames, Bramiozo, Bandaid and Nikel we have sucessfully translated Japanese, Arabic, Russian, Greek and Bulgarian to go live. These languages can be added to English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Polish and Dutch in our list of live RS.

We are still hoping to get more translated so if your language is missing please get in touch.

A very big thanks to Alphamale who has been corresponding with me over the past few weeks to get this organised.

Have a great weekend.

Aidan

Fka200
28th November 2008, 04:01 PM
Very nice!

bwhhisc
28th November 2008, 05:05 PM
Great news....thanks Namedrive. Aidan, we had doubled up on translating Spanish not realizing that was also happening internally at the ND end; if you want me to double check your translations against our sheets pm me for my email. For some Spanish terms, there are different ways of saying things depending on whether you are in Mexico or Uruguay, and then event different from Spain. Even an accent mark can change a word and its meaning.

phio
28th November 2008, 05:43 PM
Great news Aiden :) and many thanks to those that translated.

IDNer
29th November 2008, 02:50 AM
No Chinese language ?

phio
29th November 2008, 06:38 PM
Woo HOOO! First 'ALL RUSSIAN' page.

Looks like CTR will be moving up!:D

alpha
29th November 2008, 07:24 PM
No Chinese language ?

Nope. Nobody volunteered to translate. But be my guest, just PM me.

Miguel
29th November 2008, 07:50 PM
Der Yiddish Stands Alone...

trapezoid
30th November 2008, 03:46 PM
Excellent job!!! http://photo-shack.com/img/77f959f119f4fb2321e9ce801e2f5163.gif

nikel
1st December 2008, 08:48 AM
10/10

Ryu
8th December 2008, 12:01 PM
Hi Aidan,

Thanks again for getting this job done.

I have another suggestion regarding these RS of ND.

Is it possible to somehow fixate RS languages regardless of where ppl or search spiders access parked pages from?

At the moment, RS are shown in native languages only if people visit the pages from countries where the languages are native.

But when it comes to IDNs, it doesn't really matter where people are accessing from.. Those who access IDNs of specific languages do speak languages anyway wherever they are located.

Also, it is important to get the pages indexed with RS in native languages. At the moment, it seems that depends on where search spiders come from. But with IDNs, it should be indexed in languages of the IDNs, wherever search spiders come from.

I wrote this in rush, but hopefully, i am making enough sense. I'd appreciate your response. thank you.

Drewbert
8th December 2008, 06:39 PM
Yes, the ability to "lock" a particular domain to a particular language would do wonders.

Most of my english language domains that I have developed change language with browser settings, but all my IDN's are locked to the specific language.

Aidan_from_NameDrive
17th December 2008, 08:34 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

Unfortunately, it is not possible to have IDNs (or any domains for that matter) locked to a particular language. The returned ads are based on the users IP - it is something we would of course like to implement but it is simply out of our hands.

Aidan

jacksonm
17th December 2008, 11:08 AM
We are still hoping to get more translated so if your language is missing please get in touch.

Yes, I have a lot of finnish domains at namedrive and I could do finnish translations if you just give me the list of terms/phrases.

Aidan_from_NameDrive
17th December 2008, 03:40 PM
PM sent

Drewbert
17th December 2008, 05:49 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

Unfortunately, it is not possible to have IDNs (or any domains for that matter) locked to a particular language. The returned ads are based on the users IP - it is something we would of course like to implement but it is simply out of our hands.

Aidan

We're not talking about the ad's returned, we're talking about the rest of the page :)

rhys
19th December 2008, 04:12 AM
This is the kind of value-added activity and cooperation that ought to be coming from this community. Great work guys!

Ryu
5th January 2009, 12:30 PM
We're not talking about the ad's returned, we're talking about the rest of the page :)

Absolutely. We are talking about those RS menus and categories that a team of IDNF members translated into local languages. :yes: