PDA

View Full Version : how register tow language idn domain

webahang
4th December 2008, 04:46 AM
Hi I have a problem with شبکه ORKUT.com
I receive an error in IE7 but not in Firefox3 ?
My punycode is xn---orkut-vji9g6h32b.com but I can't link in html to xn---orkut-vji9g6h32b.com because in ie7 this show as an link but when click on it now thing happen but not in firefox3 I am confused because I cant understand how can I solve this problem?
At last I want to know is there any problem between search engines like Google and this domain name شبکه ORKUT.com
Excuse me because my English is not good .thanks

later777
4th December 2008, 04:52 AM
That's probably because google does not like that you got their trademark? That's just a conspiracy theory ;)

jose
4th December 2008, 05:16 AM
Mixing Arabic with Ascii is no-no. Althought the encoding is correct xn---orkut-vji9g6h32b.com -> (شبکه-orkut.com), most browsers and registrars will not accept it. Where in heaven have you managed to reg that?!

Only Firefox accepts it (wrongly) ie and Opera refuses it.

Drewbert
4th December 2008, 07:01 AM
I can't see any evidence of this domain being registered.

The IDNA protocol won't allow domains that are a mix of LTR and RTL scripts.

Safari appears to accept the punycode as legal too.

Fka200
4th December 2008, 08:25 AM
Looks Farsi, but either way, shouldn't resolve.

Rubber Duck
4th December 2008, 11:14 AM
Mixing Arabic with Ascii is no-no. Althought the encoding is correct xn---orkut-vji9g6h32b.com -> (شبکه-orkut.com), most browsers and registrars will not accept it. Where in heaven have you managed to reg that?!

Only Firefox accepts it (wrongly) ie and Opera refuses it.

That is because Mozilla has given itself authority to create it own version of the DNS in virtual non-reality.

jose
4th December 2008, 04:08 PM
That is because Mozilla has given itself authority to create it own version of the DNS in virtual non-reality.

I agree! :)