PDA

View Full Version : 海内.net

Fka200
8th December 2008, 09:02 AM
海内.net - Any opinions on this?

It seems to mean "World" in Chinese (I think).

markits
8th December 2008, 09:10 AM
Yes and no.

It does mean the world but only used in special occasions.
世界 is the prime World. You can compare the popurity of these two words.

Fka200
8th December 2008, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the response. Exactly what I was looking for.

If anyone wants it, post and it's yours!

Asiaplay
8th December 2008, 10:04 AM
Literally it means "Sea within/inside" - the google translation is "within the four seas; throughout the country" which I think is a good translation.
Connotation to me however, is within greater China...

I see someone is using the pinyin version for a website (started mid September) - seems to be a photo site (there is an article on the guy who opened the Pinyin site and his aim - but I will not post the link, otherwise they will be reading this as well lol).

Cheers - Asiaplay

Fka200
8th December 2008, 10:17 AM
Think it's worth keeping?

- TEMPORARILY PARALYZING GIVING AWAY DOMAIN -

Seriously considering just giving to the guy that you say has a site using this name.

Asiaplay
8th December 2008, 11:12 AM
It is not a trademark as I see it... as it is a real word and could be used for anything (community type site within China being the most obvious).

So you could sell to him it to him I guess - why should they get for free really (if he was your competitor you wouldn't give it to him! :) )
Also pretty sure he would not just give it to you, if was the other way around... perhaps is time for us all to teach some of these guys, that they should have secured the IDN version, before pushing off to build a brand!

Also remember that pinyin / his ascii domain is not exact, and that even though domain registration goes back to 2006... it seems he only added the Chinese to clarify the pinyin this September... and you registered your IDN long before that back at the end of 2007 ;)

Cheers - Asiaplay

Fka200
8th December 2008, 11:19 AM
Didn't even have it parked, lol. I think I got this one for free off of the forum...

Just set the nameservers to Namedrive. Will see what happens.

Absolutely appreciate the replies.